SRT-4's are FAAASSSTTT!

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've raced 3 Neon SRT-4's at the track. They are incredibly fast. The last one I raced was a black one. I didn't get a chance to talk to the kid, but I looked under the hood while he was waiting to run again. Seemed pretty stock appearing to me. Then again, I couldn't tell what stage TC / etc he had.

Nevertheless, I lost in all 3 races to SRT-4's, but the black one spanked me BAD. Of course he got me out of the hole (with my hole shot and 60 foot time..best to date is 2.3...a moped would get me out of the hole) but he kept going! I didn't even stand a chance. His time was high 12's if I recall. Mine...14 something on that run. Blah.

I'd like to race a stock SRT-4 on the street from a roll just to see how I do. Once I ran some girl in a Neon that was gutted..roll bars, twin turbo, etc. I smoked her. Don't see how an SRT-4 should be much different...but they are!

I have some serious respect now for the SRT-4 Neons.

rottenronnie said:
11.27 @ 122.6 here...
RU telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you god???

Wifey said:
RU telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you god???

I heard that once somewhere else...can't...remember...
10,011 more posts and I'll be caught up to you!

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
I heard that once somewhere else...can't...remember...
10,011 more posts and I'll be caught up to you!

Me too! Just before I lost my driving priviledges!:D :D :D

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Me too! Just before I lost my driving priviledges!:D :D :D

Ontario (a province in Canada) is seriously considering a 10,000 dollar fine and a 10 year loss of license for street racing.
Personally, I think a ten dollar fine and a 10,000 year loss of license is far more reasonable.;)

rottenronnie said:
Ontario (a province in Canada) is seriously considering a 10,000 dollar fine and a 10 year loss of license for street racing.
Personally, I think a ten dollar fine and a 10,000 year loss of license is far more reasonable.;)

Hawaii has a similar policy due to the Ricer scene...However, my indiscretion occured on Marine Corps Base Hawaii. So it sucked even worse!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Luckily they gave me my priviledges back early!:rock:

They ARE fast cars... Try an EVO.. Those are quick as hell too.. Too bad they are sardine can sized. I'd settle for a BMW M3 anyday instead..

Sold my SRT-4 a while back - thing would destroy my SRT-10. Mine made 405 to the front tires, was in mid 12s on streets, high 11s on dr's.

srtx.jpg

While it was a fun car, it doesn't have the class and bad-assery of the truck :):):).

Venom Power said:
Too bad they are sardine can sized.

Exactly, which is why it bugs me so much that they're so often compared to our trucks in terms of speed. It's no big feat to beat a Viper truck. They are fast for trucks, but that's it.

I wonder why so many people hate the SRT-10's. Maybe it's because of the whole Viper truck thing. You don't hear too many ricers bragging about beating L's.

sealalot said:
Exactly, which is why it bugs me so much that they're so often compared to our trucks in terms of speed. It's no big feat to beat a Viper truck. They are fast for trucks, but that's it.

I wonder why so many people hate the SRT-10's. Maybe it's because of the whole Viper truck thing. You don't hear too many ricers bragging about beating L's.
guy's - this is a lame comparison......... sure the srt-4 is fast, they're small & weight next to nothing...... seats are uncomfortable too..... front wheel burn-outs look girlie !!!:D
there's a younger guy @ work that's always tryin' to show me up on his ricer-bike - i just laugh @ 'em.......
for trucks, there's nothing faster or better lookin' than our srt-10's !!!:rock:

Last edited:
KRAZYSRT10 said:
Hawaii has a similar policy due to the Ricer scene...However, my indiscretion occured on Marine Corps Base Hawaii. So it sucked even worse!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Luckily they gave me my priviledges back early!:rock:
I lost mine on camp pendleton, left the e-club- in my half beat 71 cuda saw light coming up behind me fast, but didnt look like the mp's,so i juiced her and low and behold -it was a MP van. 18 years old and 440 4spd with to much e-club beer- thank god they did not throw the hammer at me

moparracing said:
guy's - this is a lame comparison......... sure the srt-4 is fast, they're small & weight next to nothing...... seats are uncomfortable too..... front wheel burn-outs look girlie !!!:D
there's a younger guy @ work that's always tryin' to show me up on his ricer-bike - i just laugh @ 'em.......
for trucks, there's nothing faster or better lookin' than our srt-10's !!!:rock:

I agree with our truck being the king of the hill - hey that's why I drive one. :burnout:

But... performance vehicles will always be compared to other performance vehicles, regardless of configuration, cost, class, and power. Srt-4 to SRT-10, Corvette to Cobra, Lotus to Porsche - there is a huge price difference in these comparisons, with similar stock performance in each. It will never end. :bebored: :bebored: Has always been done, will always be done.

BriteCrawler said:
I agree with our truck being the king of the hill - hey that's why I drive one. :burnout:

But... performance vehicles will always be compared to other performance vehicles, regardless of configuration, cost, class, and power. Srt-4 to SRT-10, Corvette to Cobra, Lotus to Porsche - there is a huge price difference in these comparisons, with similar stock performance in each. It will never end. :bebored: :bebored: Has always been done, will always be done.

I hear that..........

Venomous can blow away 600cc sportbikes with his SRT-10.... he's done it....just ask him...:D :p ;) :nurse: :toilet:

D

srt-4's stock are slow. any car modded can be fast. my 1989 isuzu imark for example.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back