SRT-8 Owners

BlackViperRam04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really thinking about trading my wifes Magnum RT in on any one of the SRT-8s out there. I know a bunch of you guys own them. I would like to know your opinions on which is the best of the 4 (Magnum, Charger, 300, Cherokee).

BlackViperRam04 said:
I'm really thinking about trading my wifes Magnum RT in on any one of the SRT-8s out there. I know a bunch of you guys own them. I would like to know your opinions on which is the best of the 4 (Magnum, Charger, 300, Cherokee).
We have the Charger. I like it the best... It rides great! I have driven a Maggie, and the 300... not the Jeep though, and I still perfer the Charger!:)

viprtek said:
Grand Cherokee is the best hands down!

400+ horse and all-wheel drive. They kick ass

4.9 0-60. But I do not care for the looks of the new GC.

I also am not a big 4 door fan. Waiting for the Challenger. :D

If I was able to get the employee discount on the Jeep, I would have. Awesome vehicle, hands down the best of the SRT8's!

I want to wait for the Challenger but I don't think I will be able to afford one right away. I'll probably wait until they've been out for a couple years first.

It really depends on what you are looking for in the SRT8.......

The GC has the quickest 0-60 time (4.5 seconds), but lacks comfort for passangers. Little space for carseats as well. Is the heaviest. Is a BRICK after the 1/8 mile marker.

The 300 is the "Glamour" vehicle of the SRT8 family. It is also the lightest of the three LX Platform SRT8's. Has better luxury features.

The Charger is the Sproty and very MEAN looking one.
Chargers005.jpg

The Magnum is the utility vehicle of them all......

All in all which ever you choose, you will be VERY HAPPY..........

What's up Ron? Imagine meeting you in this thread. :D

Own a 300C SRT-8...Saying that "I LOVE THE S*** OUT OF IT" would be putting it lightly.

By far the SRT LX's are the best cars you can buy for the money...Hands down.

It all depends obviously, on what you want for your money. Go test drive one. That should seal the deal.

vvv90 said:
What's up Ron? Imagine meeting you in this thread. :D

Own a 300C SRT-8...Saying that "I LOVE THE S*** OUT OF IT" would be putting it lightly.

By far the SRT LX's are the best cars you can buy for the money...Hands down.

It all depends obviously, on what you want for your money. Go test drive one. That should seal the deal.
great advise Matt. lol go figure. It MUST have been the Title. hehe

1bad4dr said:
great advise Matt. lol go figure. It MUST have been the Title. hehe

Yeah...Must've. :D

A test drive on a 300C and that sealed the deal for me...The SRT's weren't even out yet and plunked down a deposit for one of the first SRT's thinking..."Well, if the 5.7 liter is this good, I KNOW I'll like the 6.1!!"

I was wrong.

I loved it way more than I thought I could.

viprtek said:
Grand Cherokee is the best hands down!

400+ horse and all-wheel drive. They kick ass

Yeah, what he said... And it is also an awesome date ride. They look clean as hell in person. Slow91's looks sick. Still, to me the Charger in black looks simply bad azz too... I'd have to flip a coin between the two. But the AWD rocks. Had to say it.:dontknow:

I have the 300C SRT-8 and bro has the SRT-8 Charger. I love mine, bro loves his, I beat him stock, he gets more looks. Drive all of them, I was torn between the Jeep and the 300C, I took em for a drive and that sealed the deal.

I'm patiently waiting for the Challenger. I understand it's been postponed another year. That's okay though.. Just reminds me of the slow pouring ketchup bottle..

Venom Power said:
Yeah, what he said... And it is also an awesome date ride. They look clean as hell in person. Slow91's looks sick. Still, to me the Charger in black looks simply bad azz too... I'd have to flip a coin between the two. But the AWD rocks. Had to say it.:dontknow:
He pulled me hard w/ awd. I love the jeep...

Does the gas guzzler apply to all models or just the three categorized as mid sized cars??? :dontknow:

Well PROUD owner of a Black Magnum SRT8 wouldn't trade it for the world. Hauls ass and stuff, and does both very well. Looks are top notch, just needs a good hood. Hauls the dogs and kids, and again most important, ASS! My wifes boss won't race her, with his 07 red CSRT8.

Quick story. My wife has had the 8 for over a year. 2 or 3 months ago her boss comes in with his 8, everybody is going ape shit over his car, talking about how fast it is and what not. So she goes and ask's what the car is, he tells her and she says, o yeah i've got one of those. He looks down at her (him make 200,000 per year, him better than us.) and says "no YOU don't have one of these, this is a SRT8 TOP OF THE LINE. She starts to laugh and says yep, That what the BLK MSRT8 that parks sideways in the back with the SRT badge in the grill. He still didnt believe, but when she took my 10 to work, he said ok who beat me?!? Wife poked her head up and came over and was asking how she could afford such a vehicle. She explained that it was her husbands 84 hour + work weeks and not the modest pay that he bestows on her. Made her day.

AND IF YOU LIKE POWER SLIDING, DRIFTING, BUSTING OUT DONUTS AND MASSIVE BURNOUTS. DONT GET A 07' OR A 06' THAT HAS BEEN FLASHED WITH THE NEW TSB!!!!!!!!!!!! TO "me" IT RUINED MY CAR, WENT FROM A 10+ FUN FACTOR TO A 4. I ALMOST WANT TO TRADE IT IN NOW. DEALER WON'T FIX IT AND I'LL HAVE TO SHELL OUT 300$ FOR A HEAT STAGE 1 TCM. THIS TCM TSB, MAKES THE CAR SHIFT WHEN IN MANUAL MODE INTO THE NEXT GEAR, THE SAME THING IT DOES IN D!!!!!!!!! NO MORE HOLDING A SHIFT AND DANCIN AROUND THE LIMITER TO POWER SLIDE AND WHAT NOT. HATE HATE HATE IT, IF YOU TEST DRIVE ON, DO BOTH BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. THE WAY YOU WILL NO, PUT IT IN 1 AND DRIVE TO THE LIMITER. SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT I REALLY HATE THIS TSB!

Last edited:
OK...we love them all. I think I am going to wait for the Challeger as well, but the Jeep GC SRT8 rocks as well. The Charger is an unbelievably solid and quiet car. Much better build quality than my CTS-V (although I think it is faster).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back