SRT Experiance at Daytona Today

BIG NANA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Well, I just got back from Daytona and It was a great Day. My son and I along with our wives got to drive, thrash and romp on vipers, Crossfires, Jeeps, Magnums, #00C's and Chargers. Had alot of fun, was surprised at the performance of the Jeep SRT-8's and wished the trucks were still around. A whole lot of fun. Also got to meet one of our club members , I think it was Viper Hauler. A quad Cab Yellow Fever Truck. Go Canada!!

Have a ball Steve, drive 'em like you stole 'em.

Nana, that was Vpr Hler (Damir).

what was the best part thrashing on the vehicles or just puching it to the limit and past on these vehicles? do you get to drive all of them or do you get assigned one vehicle? i have a SRT exp coming to AZ soon and have signed up. if you get assigned a vehicle it will be my luck that the only thing left will be the clapped out neon/caliber SRT4 that no one wants. lol

glad you guys had fun.

It was actually really cool, no neons or trucks, but the SRT crossfires were actually alot of fun on the autocross and the road course. The Chargers were the best for the road course and the Jeep SRT's were a blast on the drag race. The Magnums were really fun for the drifting course. So in answer to your question, you got to drive everything from Viper to the 300c's ALOT OF FUN!!!

BIG NANA said:
It was actually really cool, no neons or trucks, but the SRT crossfires were actually alot of fun on the autocross and the road course. The Chargers were the best for the road course and the Jeep SRT's were a blast on the drag race. The Magnums were really fun for the drifting course. So in answer to your question, you got to drive everything from Viper to the 300c's ALOT OF FUN!!!

What year vehicles were there? I would have been upset if I didn't get to drive a Truck!!:dontknow: :confused:

dragon said:
what was the best part thrashing on the vehicles or just puching it to the limit and past on these vehicles? do you get to drive all of them or do you get assigned one vehicle? i have a SRT exp coming to AZ soon and have signed up. if you get assigned a vehicle it will be my luck that the only thing left will be the clapped out neon/caliber SRT4 that no one wants. lol

glad you guys had fun.

WENT TO ATLANTA LAST YEAR.GOT TO DRIVE EM ALL.GOT TO GO ON THE BIG TRACK WHICH I DONT THINK YOU DO AT DAYTONA.DROVE THE CHARGER.300,CROSSFIRE (TOO SMALL),QC TRUCK,SRT JEEP,AND THE VIPER ON THE AUTO CROSS.SRT JEEPS ARE BAD ASS.WOULD OWN ONE IN A MINUTE.GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.IT'S A BLAST!!:rock: :burnout:

Sunday Fun at Daytona

Guys, I was in the same group as Steve and we had a lot of fun. Steve and I drag raced each other six times and we were evenly matched. The Jeeps were Bad-A--, Awesome acceleration. The Magnums all had Mopar cat back systems and sounded great! The only Viper that we got to drive was at the drifting event. The food was really good, the instructors were fun, plenty of neat products for purchase, and many of the vehicles had performance parts added or new custom grills on some of the cars that we drove.

This event was run by the Petty experience folks and I think I enjoyed the Skip Barber event a little better. It was all fun, just different. The drag racing was heads up with a pro tree so that was a lot of fun. The drifting (new) was pretty cool but somebody in the first class broke a sprinkler head so we could only use one end of the track. Many of us could start a good drift and then get to the side of the circle that wasn't as wet and start to spin. We had a Magnum and a Viper for this event and it was sort of cool.

The handling course had us driving Crossfires around a course with 300 cones.
This was a lot of fun and was different from last year. The instructor told us about the course, drove the course, came back and answered questions. We got to drive 3 laps and we stopped after each lap and the instructor gave us pointers and we went out and tried to drive a little quicker. This was a real challenge.

The Road course performance driving was different this year. They had 3 identical vehicles in a group running together (an instructor and two guest drivers). They ran 2 laps at a quick pace and pulled in. There was a group of Magnums, 300c's, Chargers, and Crossfires, that all ran together in packs of 3. We generally ran around 80 mph.

Last year the instructor drove anything that he wanted and there was at least one of every type of automatic equipped SRT vehicles running together in each group. After an introductory lap, the instructor took off and we followed. At the end of that lap the instructor put on his blinker and the car directly behind the instructor pulled over to the side and the next car in line pulled up directly behind the instructor and followed him and tried to watch his braking and turn-in lines. We ran at least 6 laps at speed. Last year we ran as high as 95 mph on the back stretch and you could drive Vipers.

The thrill rides this year were fun but you were limited to one ride of a few laps. The instructors ran pretty hard so it was good. They brought out a few Vipers and Jeeps for this portion of the event and almost everybody lined up for those rides. The thrill rides last year were very fast, some instructors drifted the entire infield road course in 300C's and Magnums. They even had a few rides in a Viper GTS-R for a lucky few. We got a minimum of 3 thrill rides last year.

I would say that the drag racing was better than last year, This year it was heads-up racing with a pro-tree so it was all out racing. This was really a blast! Last year you ran against the tree one at a time and your time started when you broke the light. This year you had to be on your toes. The Jeep was the most fun on this portion. We got to drive Magnums, 300C's, Chargers, Crossfires, and Jeeps. We got to do grudge racing in the vehicles of choice but nothing was as fast as the Jeep on this short track.

One new thing this year was that we had jump drives to insert in our cars at the Performance drive track portion. We will receive a DVD in about six weeks with all of our track driving on it so we had to watch what we said.

All-in-All it was a lot of fun and everybody had a great time. I'll be back for another SRT Track Experience next year.

Just my two cents worth.,
Mark

My son and I were at the track on Friday. Met Big Nana and the family, some good competition betweefather and son. Daytona track is simply HUGE. I was hoping for some more technical driving instructions. I found that the Jim Barber School had more of the instructor tutorial type info. maybe just not enough time when they added more events. The drifting was extermely hard to do going 30 mph. The jeep srt 8 was very impressive in launch mode and handling . i was also hoping for actually driving the Viper on the road coasrse, but only got one of the few rides in one. Overall had a blast. Next time ,going to do the Jim Barber school. here are a few pic's.

Attachments

• Florida 2007 348.jpg
    Florida 2007 348.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Florida 2007 313.jpg
    Florida 2007 313.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Florida 2007 347.jpg
    Florida 2007 347.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Florida 2007 333.jpg
    Florida 2007 333.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 35
  • Florida 2007 334.jpg
    Florida 2007 334.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 34
  • Florida 2007 337.jpg
    Florida 2007 337.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 27
I'm impressed with the Jeeps too.

Borden3srt said:
:D it was def. a good time. where else could you thrash on someone else's cars and not have to worry about wrecking them. :D

i am still very impressed with the jeeps.

I'm with you. The Jeeps were the most fun that we had all day!
Mark

BIG NANA said:

i am new to this site i tried to respond to big nana i stumbled across your thread or what ever you call it i was at the srt experience in daytona
at the same time you were i met viper hauler there he refered me
to this site i live in jacksonville my truck is silver my user name
is work truk

Welcome to the forum, we have six or eight trucks in Jax and the general area.

They will chime in soon!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back