SRT experience

guinnessboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the srt experience in fontana today, worst thing i could have ever done, now i want a jeep srt 8..............just a straight badass vehicle

ur not alone. i have been thinking about the same thing. i love my truck though but i really like that jeep!!!

newmexicoviper said:
WTF is that all you could tell us:dontknow: Come on give up the goods:D

considering it rained all day it was a different " experience".......but that jeep is insane, by far the fastest off the line, funnest to drive......disappointed in the 300's, alot of sway....really surprised by the good handling of the magnums....and got to drive the new 08 viper...what a handful that thing is on wet pavement but a huge improvement over the prior years with handling and noticeable power off the line.

if you havent done the experience, do it, its the most fun you will ever have behind the wheel, i will definitely be shelling out the $500 to do it again on dry pavement.

guinnessboy said:
considering it rained all day it was a different " experience".......but that jeep is insane, by far the fastest off the line, funnest to drive......disappointed in the 300's, alot of sway....really surprised by the good handling of the magnums....and got to drive the new 08 viper...what a handful that thing is on wet pavement but a huge improvement over the prior years with handling and noticeable power off the line.

if you havent done the experience, do it, its the most fun you will ever have behind the wheel, i will definitely be shelling out the $500 to do it again on dry pavement.

Right on sounds fun even with the rain:D

Been 3 times....will go again this coming year....I got a HO for the Jeep after the track event....already had a Charger SRT8...but I went with the SRT10 instead and havent looked back...:)

TNVIPER said:
Been 3 times....will go again this coming year....I got a HO for the Jeep after the track event....already had a Charger SRT8...but I went with the SRT10 instead and havent looked back...:)
My record is 4, but for one of them I was a crew member. :)

I'm with you guys on the Jeep SRT-8. SMOKIN!!!!

I've been twice and will go again if they are still doing it when I get home. Fast One (Steve) and I went to the event in Las Vegas together and both came right home and bought Jeeps.

I've had mine out on the Miller Motor Speedway in Utah. The track officials first told me they were concerned about allowing a heavy, high horsepower vehicle on the track with the other cars. So, one of them rode with me on a few test laps and quickly decided it was not a problem. Many of the other drivers had to come over after the first session and look it over. They were amazed at how well the Jeep performed. One guy in a GT40 said he first thought I was going to just be in the way but was pleasantly surprised at how hard it was to catch me. Out of a field of about 15 cars in that session he and one Vette were the only two to pass me. The brake performance was phenomenal with three 20 minute sessions of extremely hard braking. Look at the attached photo. Notice how much roll there is in the Vette compared to me.

At the driver's meeting at a subsequent trip to the track, the official in charge asked what I was driving. When I told him I was driving a Jeep he started to protest. Before I could say anything, three or four of the other drivers spoke up and told him not to worry. They told him to prepare to be impressed.

BTW, Temecula is my home town. I grew up there when there were about 200 people and 300 dogs in the entire valley. Most of my family are still there.

Attachments

• DSC07896.jpg
    DSC07896.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 67
Nice pic.:rock:
I,ve been to two track experience's,one in Daytona(06) and the other in homestead fl.(05)The jeep is an awesome ride,I installed a Paxton in one and I have a friend that runs 11.5 on spray!!!!!!:D

I have been to mine locally... but they lost my DVD that I was promised.... everyone else got theirs..they lost my ID number and were unable to locate mine..... :mad: :(

azpyroguy said:
I have been to mine locally... but they lost my DVD that I was promised.... everyone else got theirs..they lost my ID number and were unable to locate mine..... :mad: :(

I never got any CD????????:(

1qksrt said:
I never got any CD????????:(

At our event they videod using in-car cams of the hot-laps at the speedway, they used USB key fobs to ID who the driver was... and later mailed them out...

guinnessboy said:
Went to the srt experience in fontana today, worst thing i could have ever done, now i want a jeep srt 8..............just a straight badass vehicle

One of the top three of my vehicles........:burnout:

Back