SRT10 differences

V10MOJO

Reaction score
i would think that like the viper, the ram srt10 has differences from year to year. what are they? im new to the truck world so i am trying to educate myself

:D :D
V10MOJO said:
i would think that like the viper, the ram srt10 has differences from year to year. what are they? im new to the truck world so i am trying to educate myself

color, seat's and drivers :D :D :D :D

Here's a few changes by year (there are more, but these are the jest of it)

2004's - 4.10 rear gear, reg cab only

2005's - 4.56 rear gear, knock sensors added, RC/QC (200 CE Editions and 500 YFs), interiors same as 04, tailgate badging is different

2006's - Front facia/headlights different, badging different, interiors different, exterior colors different

ViperTruck2933 said:
Here's a few changes by year (there are more, but these are the jest of it)

2004's - 4.10 rear gear, reg cab only

2005's - 4.56 rear gear, knock sensors added, RC/QC (200 CE Editions and 500 YFs), interiors same as 04, tailgate badging is different

2006's - Front facia/headlights different, badging different, interiors different, exterior colors different

In addition the '05's have different front brake calipers than the '04's. I think they went from a two piston to a four piston setup.

SilvrSRT10 said:
In addition the '05's have different front brake calipers than the '04's. I think they went from a two piston to a four piston setup.

good question-

as all of us have read many times about the 04 and 05 clutches having various problems- slave and odd plastic pieces used instead of metal ones like in the viper set up- having said that i was wondering if maybe the 06 model was updated in that area at all or have we just not gone enough miles to see this problem occur in some 06 models.

any one know for sure as it would seem with all the trouble with 04 and 05 they might have fixed the problem

I am not aware of any upgrades to the '06 clutches.

04 and 05 have same designs of center seat and headlights but 06 have different designs

DRamSrt10 said:
04 and 05 have same designs of center seat and headlights but 06 have different designs

They definately saved the best for last in 2006. Am I biased? Just a 'lil. . . Frames are different too.

Correct, as Justin said, PVC system is different for the 05's, along with transmission counterweight also.

-Red

On 06's the frames are different (particularily the front clip) as well as front suspension. From what I've read all the exhaust/headers for 04/05 have fitment prpblems on the 06.

Interior is drastically different on the 06's as well and imho not as nice as 04/05. Dont forget in 06 you got the Nightrunner option....very nice looking truck imho.

The 06 would have been fine had they offered it with a black interior... that gray interior sucks...looks bad...IMO

muttvipertruck said:
The 06 would have been fine had they offered it with a black interior... that gray interior sucks...looks bad...IMO

I 2nd that. Im blacking out my windows to rememdy this. Well, kind of a remedy. I still have to look at it. Outside looking in wont.

The ce would have been a good looking truck with anything other than a blue stripe...a solid white would have been sweet, or white truck w/ black stripe, ...IMO

muttvipertruck said:

yeah i agree, at first i want 06 because of it look better and interior too. i would like get nightrunner but it cost alot of $ so i decided to go for 2004 but when i made enough $ i would trade 2004 for 2006 :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back