SRT10 No start with start button

52Fiper

Reaction score
We need some advice as we cannot start the truck with the in dash start button anymore.
The problem started when we parked for 5 minutes , turn the key and pressed the clutch pedal slowly with the start button pressed in, there was a fast clicking sound and the engine did not turn over.
Now when I turn the ignition and pull the clutch there is only a clicking sound back in the cab ( relay) and in the fusebox ( 2 relays) but no power to the starter.
When I bypass the red starter wire direct from the battery with the ignition on and in neutral (manual trans) it start fine , bit of a hassle to start the truck now only from under hood with this bypass. hope someone can help us out !

THX Ben

might try takin the clutch switch out of the system.

just jump the harness plug

my clutch switch failed because the return springs colasped & would not let it make contact.

Sounds like the clutch switch works , if I press the start button first and than pull the clutch the relays in the cab and in the fusebox click

thats the only prob i've had with startin. i could hear relays workin with the clutch switch failin also

well, only other prob was the starter diein from header heat

Battery is in top shape, it start great when I bypass the system (direct 12V to the starter)

checked the clutch switch a bypassed it ...no difference,
Does anyone know the fuse or relay point for the red 12V wire that goes to the starter?
it seems to get buried into the harness

showin fuse 14 & 30 for the starter system

looks to a yl/gy wire from the starter relay, turnin into a rd/bk wire to/at the starter

Last edited:
checked 14 and 30 ( 14 is a spare) as this may be because of an 6 speed trans?) the large 30 is good.
no changes so far in start , appreciate all your help !

Have you used a test light or multimeter to confirm there is no voltage to the starter solenoid when you press the button? The only thing I can think of is to start there and work back until you find where you loose power at.

checked 14 and 30 ( 14 is a spare) as this may be because of an 6 speed trans?) the large 30 is good.
no changes so far in start , appreciate all your help !

your welcome.

suppose to be a place where ya can down load the service manual. the Viper Registry i believe.

good plan of attack like Arrestme suggested also:rock:

Have you used a test light or multimeter to confirm there is no voltage to the starter solenoid when you press the button? The only thing I can think of is to start there and work back until you find where you loose power at.

x2 that's what I would do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back