SRT10 QC Drivetrain --> Dakota R/T - Few questions

DaPurpleRT

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a few days, absorbing info. I recently bought a QC SRT10 drivetrain I plan to shoehorn in my R/T. Had a few questions I was hoping someone here mgiht be able to help with.

1. The SRT10 has a 48re, I have a 46re that I just put a lot of money into to get close to "bulletproof" (Around 550hp, 600+ TQ on juice didn't phase it). Is there ANY chance the 48re has the same case and connections like the 44 and 46re do? Furthermore, will the 46re hook to the V10 the same as the 48re does? Same mounting points and locations?

2. If not does the hookup for the driveshaft, er, I mean IS it the same as the 46REs?

3. Dimensions! Can I get some width, height, length, etc on the V10? On the 48RE too if you have them.

4. Anyone have a factory QC SRT10 FSM they could email/upload?

May have more questions when I think of them.

Thanks in advance to you all.

-Ryan

More to consider than "hooking up". I am assuming you mean bellhousing to rear of V10 block.

The input/output shafts could be different w/ different spline counts. The PCM may not respond to the 46RE. Theres a few other things to consider.

Sorry I have no knowledge to offer. :)

When there is a will, there is a way! :D

Yeah, I figure the PCM can be flashed. It's the meshing of the pieces I am concerned about.

theres someone on Auto tradre that has an SRT10 with blown drive train
if your intrested. He wants 18k. He probably paid around 7-8 ...that might be alot easier and cheaper!

See if you can locate some info on the "Sidewinder". I had an older Viper V10 in it. It was on the Dakota platform.

unfortunatley no you can not bolt the 46re to the V-10. Internally they are the same except for the plantaries and the high gear drum, and pump. the major flaw your going to find is that chrysler stole the 48re off the diesel pickup, and i mean stole. The 48re has its own unique bolt pattern on the case to adapt to the cummins motor, so on the srt-10 their is an adapter to go from an A block mopar (318, 340, 360, v-10) to their own unique design. While your 46re just bolts directly to your A block, with no adapter.

about time u left the lighting forums and came over here, welcome aboard

Welcome!

There was a guy in MI that had a 1st GEN Viper motor in a Dakota.... so, I know it's "do-able". But, I am almost positive he was running a 6-speed. :confused:

DaPurpleRT said:
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a few days, absorbing info. I recently bought a QC SRT10 drivetrain I plan to shoehorn in my R/T. Had a few questions I was hoping someone here mgiht be able to help with.

1. The SRT10 has a 48re, I have a 46re that I just put a lot of money into to get close to "bulletproof" (Around 550hp, 600+ TQ on juice didn't phase it). Is there ANY chance the 48re has the same case and connections like the 44 and 46re do? Furthermore, will the 46re hook to the V10 the same as the 48re does? Same mounting points and locations?

2. If not does the hookup for the driveshaft, er, I mean IS it the same as the 46REs?

3. Dimensions! Can I get some width, height, length, etc on the V10? On the 48RE too if you have them.

4. Anyone have a factory QC SRT10 FSM they could email/upload?

May have more questions when I think of them.

Thanks in advance to you all.

-Ryan

Ryan..pm me your address..and I can mail you the service manual on cd.

Regards,

Ken

Nice ride...you are looking at some huge problems...

As you mention, you might be better off taking the entire drive train and fitting it to your truck. Bits and pieces are going to be a major PIA. Not just the mating issues, it will be the engineering that will really be difficult.

Just my opinion.

Welcome to the site!

Prof said:
Nice ride...you are looking at some huge problems...

As you mention, you might be better off taking the entire drive train and fitting it to your truck. Bits and pieces are going to be a major PIA. Not just the mating issues, it will be the engineering that will really be difficult.

Just my opinion.

Welcome to the site!

Got to agree with Roy. Just stick with the entire QC package, including the electronics if you have it.

It's a lot easiers to adapt the QC drive train than it is to try mix and matching components.

Good luck on you journey.

Man I can sympathize with you !!!I've got an'05 Hemi sitting in the garage waiting to go into my Sons truck,but I've got a lot of Homework to do to figure out all the wiring hassles !!

Thanks to you all for the words and support. My plan was to use the entire drivetrain. Then while we were pulling the 365 we got to talking about the RE line and how the 44 and 46 are the same, we hoped maybe 48 would be too. My 46RE is built to the gills you see, hence why I wanted to see if I could keep it. :) I have 3500 in it, rebuild done less than a year ago. Be lucky to get 1500. That's how it goes though I guess!

Now I wonder if the driveshaft ends are the same.... Hmmmm.

DaPurpleRT said:
Thanks to you all for the words and support. My plan was to use the entire drivetrain. Then while we were pulling the 365 we got to talking about the RE line and how the 44 and 46 are the same, we hoped maybe 48 would be too. My 46RE is built to the gills you see, hence why I wanted to see if I could keep it. :) I have 3500 in it, rebuild done less than a year ago. Be lucky to get 1500. That's how it goes though I guess!

Now I wonder if the driveshaft ends are the same.... Hmmmm.

Who did your 46RE?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back