srt10 vs ctd

solsir4 said:
where are the videos of these twelve second diesels ? I gotta see that ...
Go to CompetitionDiesel.com and look through the videos, plenty of 13-12-11-10-9-and a couple 8 sec diesel powered rigs there on video.

HaulinAsp said:
How did I miss this thread this weekend?

Did someone say Diesel Power? Here's my diesel powered PRO MOD race truck-its almost done from the chassis shop- Its gonna be powered by a 1200hp twin turbo Cummins- by estimates it should 60 foot in the 1.teens- hope to hit the 7's in the quarter with it this year!:rock:

Just noticed something in the middle picture which shows the body. Where's the rear wheel wells? Am I safe in assuming that it's a fiberglass box and you still need to cut them out?:dontknow:

Its a complete fiberglass body- they ship the bed that way and give you the panels with the wheel openings to allow for cut down beds for different wheelbases off the same mold, I am using a 125" w.b. they are also doing the body modys now which includes hood mods and installing the wheel openings....... Complete body is just under 140lbs.... Chassis is chromoly. SFI 25.1 .......

That is going to be absolutely sick HaulinAsp! Post up when you get it running and if you are going to be anywhere near the south with it. I would love to see that thing run.

Joe

solsir4 said:
where are the videos of these twelve second diesels ? I gotta see that ...
IDK about a vid but here is a few pics of a Ram (Diesel) at the Nats last year running 12's..........:rock:

Attachments

• DSC02623.JPG
    DSC02623.JPG
    539.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC02625.JPG
    DSC02625.JPG
    584.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
How about she asked me how much rwtq. I was running, I said 618/rwtq,
she said 900/rwtq (laptop computer on her center console)
should take care of YOU! She dailed-in a 4/wheel drive chevy DuraMax. Damn thing looked like a motel at the starting line........

I won't go into detail, how about all I saw was tail-lites!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:
Quick

Last edited:
CTD is the way to go, I just replaced my 00 Ram3500 with an 06 Chevy Kodiak with a Monroe upfit, nicer on the inside but miss the power, have some mods planned for the Duramax to wake up that sleeping monster. I still have the 3500 and I'm wanting to run at the strip need to get the tranny serviced again :( That's a problem with those trucks, esp when you mod them and/or pull trailers they eat trannies. I've done ton's of mods to mine:
AEM Intake, 90lbs KAX injectors, Super Bee Turbo, ATS manifold(another problem spot on the OEs), 4" downpipe, 4" Dual Stainless MBRP exhaust, ATS stage 4 tranny and the Juice w/Attiude. Currently I'm having fuel problems so I picked up a B+D 90 gal/hr external lift pump I need to have installed and I'm pondering a meth injection kit as well. Currently its set up for about 500hp/900ft/lbs@38psi. Its soooo much fun to drive, love spankin cars with it, the look on their faces when a big a$$ dually smokes them :star: priceless! Not to mention that love pouring out the black smoke when people tailgate me :D

Scrambler1 said:
That is going to be absolutely sick HaulinAsp! Post up when you get it running and if you are going to be anywhere near the south with it. I would love to see that thing run.

Joe

:D Thanks Joe! I will let y-all know when we're hitting the circuit with it. Should be sometime this summer....

NHRA has adjusted the rules to allow a turbo diesel powered vehicle to run nitrous and compete in the pro classes, so we are looking at an NHRA tour. I hope to obtain a big name sponsor to represent and then we are going after the record......:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back