Stage 92 weight reduction

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone ever taken the bed off and then run the truck in the quarter? I imagine it would be hard to hook up, but maybe lowered with cal-tracs? I'd think taking that kind of weight out of the equation would have to make it quicker! Or am I just st00pid? I could just be st00pid.

What does the bed weigh anyway? gotta be at least a few hundred pounds...

SRT-11 said:
So has anyone ever taken the bed off and then run the truck in the quarter? I imagine it would be hard to hook up, but maybe lowered with cal-tracs? I'd think taking that kind of weight out of the equation would have to make it quicker! Or am I just st00pid? I could just be st00pid.

Im sure you could take the bed off among lots of other things but then the truck is no longer what it is...

Steve

SRT-11 said:

I think we discussed this before. It helps with weight distribution. 200 pounds aint gonna make a difference on a 5,000LB+ Vehicle.

yeah i just don't see it making that big of a difference plus the loss of traction it is capable of producing just don't see it helping.

well what if we pulled the engine first? that thing has to weigh a ton!

I believe in running in street trim. Just as you would as if you were running stoplight to stoplight (I do not condone street racing). That means spare tire, jack, normal air pressure etc. etc.. I may not be the fastest at the track (I think I've proven this) but I know what it will do in a real world situation. I need to work more on my ability than the trucks ability.

I removed the tailgate (60 lbs) and the Fiberglass Bed Cover (120 lbs+) hoping for a better time and gained nothing. I have run 12.64 @109.22 in my 2004 RC with headers, Magnaflow, Volant,& DC StageII. My best speed ever was 109.75 (full weight). With the weight removed my best was 12.842 @ 108.82 on July 7,2007. Other runs light weight were in the 107.5 mph range. I even tried lighter front wheels (20X8.5 with 245/45/20 tires) saving a total of 60 lbs off the front with no effect on time, but it did drive much better with the M&H 390-40-17 Drag radials @16 psi. So much for saving weight.

Try jettisoning the cab and bed, and strap your ass to frame. . . :dontknow: :p :D ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back