Steering Problem

FullboreDakota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I let off or push on the throttle my truck feels like it has some type of wiggle (only word I can think of to explain it) to it. Im going to get it aligned again to see if that cures the problem but I was also looking at the swaybar endlinks for the front and rear from JMB since I am lowered. Do you think I just have an alignment problem or do you think the endlinks could help?

Get under the rear of your truck and check out the leaf springs and mounts. Something doesn't sound right? DO you have Caltracs? Sounds like something in the suspension is broken or unattached?:(

When I let off or push on the throttle my truck feels like it has some type of wiggle (only word I can think of to explain it) to it. Im going to get it aligned again to see if that cures the problem but I was also looking at the swaybar endlinks for the front and rear from JMB since I am lowered. Do you think I just have an alignment problem or do you think the endlinks could help?

tighten the rear u bolts

Dont have Caltracs on it. I do have blocks that I put on the rear to lower it. It does feel like something isnt hooked up right but blocks are pretty straight forward to install.

I have tightened them a few different times after I put the blocks on but they are pretty tight now. I will try to tighten them down some more.

depends on the blocks , the ubolts you have so forth, but it shoulds like the rear axle is either loose, or the axle is rotating under decelleration.

so make sure for one, the u bolts are tightend to about 100 ft lbs, make sure the blocks are correctly installed for sure,
check and make sure the tranny mount is not loose or broken also

it could possibly be 100 different things, but if you are getting the "clunk wiggle" that is a good place to start

Yeah I am lowered , what kind of lowering blocks did you install??

I have the swaybar bushing kit from tony front and rear plus the steering bushing, have not installed them yet :) but something does sound wrong.

i wouldnt worry about it, all it is brute power its trying to tear the truck apart. just kidding lol hope you find problem!

I went out today and everything looks to be installed correctly. One thing I did notice is that my U-bolts are not a thick/strong looking as some of the ones in the pictures that I saw on here. You can see where the front/back of the blocks have moved around some, so could weak U-bolts cause this? I also have 3" blocks.

the three inch blocks for one lets them move around a bit, but the u bolts would have to be either 1/2 or 9/16 and either one if trq'd properly should be suffiecient, did you check to see if they were tqd down to spec?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back