Stereo Sub Help?

Jodurt

Reaction score
Hey folks just got around to addressing my stereo or lack of today and noticed where I should have a sub under the rear seat (QC) there is no speaker-just the enclosure and wires and then I do not see any power amp for it or any indication of the wiring? Can someone tell me where the factory sub amp should be? Did some of these trucks have the Infinity system without the sub or did someone pull it out.

Sounds like someone pulled the sub out.... The amp is under the center seat/armrest in the front. Raise the armrest all the way up, and look at the front of the seat in the middle. There is a little latch you pull up on and you will find the cubby (and hopefully your amp). ;)

I hear the Alpine 10" subs fit well in the factory enclosure, and they sound better too. The factory subs were almost always blown, even when they were new. :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks, I found it. Amp is gone too. The plug was tucked back in under the carpet. So I read enough posts on here to believe the sub and amp sucked anyway but I am still confused on what to do with that factory amp plug in?
From searching on here it looks like you have to splice it or buy the Axxess adapter, the picture of the Axxess only shows a power on/off lead and 2 RCA plugs so I am guessing you still have to run new power wire to the battery and still run speaker wire?

Well I wouldn't consider it a favor unless they but something back in but regardless I read enough posts to believe the sub and amp are crap. I just wish I could find some more info on how to wire into the factory sub/amp harness. Talked to a few stereo shops today and they basically are saying just rewire the whole setup and ditch the factory amps.

thats what i did.....i got 2 amps and a nice deck with all new speakers and subs.....sounds great....i bought a dual 10 sub box that covers the whole back seat....the seats fold back like oem....

SRT2SLOW said:
thats what i did.....i got 2 amps and a nice deck with all new speakers and subs.....sounds great....i bought a dual 10 sub box that covers the whole back seat....the seats fold back like oem....

Thats no doubt the route I want to go...but money wise it ain't happening right now. The truck needs new tires, and go fast parts first, if I have to I'll just leave it out until I have the funds to redo it. I just thought if there was a sub-$500 fix to replace what is missing I would do it. Thanks for the input.

i have a extra sub amp if you need it. re-did the one in my QC too. bought a box from probox and added a 1000 watt amp to push it. made a world of difference. also added 4 tweeters in the doors.

eddie102870 said:
i have a extra sub amp if you need it. re-did the one in my QC too. bought a box from probox and added a 1000 watt amp to push it. made a world of difference. also added 4 tweeters in the doors.

I might take it-what do you want for it? I found a thread for the wiring diagram on the sub wiring harness so I'm pretty sure I could splice a aftermarket amp in but between that and a new sub it would still be $500 or so and still not be that great of a setup.

If you can find a slightly used JL 12inch W6 ...cost you $250-300ish ... I used to run 2 12inch W6s and a 13inch W7 in my old 3000GT shit was blow the windows out loud (annoying really).

Jodurt said:
Thats no doubt the route I want to go...but money wise it ain't happening right now. The truck needs new tires, and go fast parts first, if I have to I'll just leave it out until I have the funds to redo it. I just thought if there was a sub-$500 fix to replace what is missing I would do it. Thanks for the input.

Walmart to the rescue, just pick yourself up a bargain 10" sub and wire it in. Swear the wires were green and black in mine, 05 RC, pretty sure the green was positive, its been over a year since I last seen the factory setup.

10banger said:
I've got a stock amp if you need it. PM me.

Thanks but I have one lined up with Eddie if that is the route I go.

So does anyone know why you can't just tap into one of the existing speakers and use speaker level inputs on a aftermarket amp? I was reading the install instructions for the Kicker 77Kick17AB kit for these trucks and they are just tapping into the speaker wires under the drivers side door and pulling a power wire from the battery unless I am not reading it correctly?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back