Stinker new front springs, sway bars review

DESRT10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, I got some pics to post. Here are some pics of my truck with a few mods. Ceramic tint all around. It has Stinkers Venom hood, which worked out great. Love the looks and it fits great. Stinker also got me the Cal Vue mirrors and the black out third brake light. Handles, badges, brake calipers are all painted to match body. Antenna shaved and welded over. Partly debadged. Grille done in matt black. Ebay smoke fogs and front lights (I had to try 2 dif companies to get front lights that were not to dark). It has a slight rake, but is about where I like it for looks. No pics of inside, but has Stinker-Lloyds matts with Ram head and SRT-10 script. All body and paint work by Wesley. Thanks for the great work.

Suspension-
Rear- The back has lowered shackles and overload spring removed, spring still over axle, with Caltracs and the rest Stinker poly bushings. Toyo 325/40-22s

Front- At first I had Stinkers usual front springs, but the front was a bit low for looks and I kept bottoming out (got the front wheel rub marks on top of the fender liner to prove it) in aggressive cornering. He had his spring maker do me up a set that was a bit higher (~1" higher) and they work great. What a great dealer to work with, he took the original springs back! The new springs look perfect to me. The spring rate is higher than stock and no more bottoming out. I got his poly bushing set in front, but only did the upper A-arms. I wanted clear camber control, but to try and keep a family friendly ride. Perfect now. Poly steering rack bushings too. Thanks Stinker, as always, you are the MAN. I think you should add these springs to your site.

Sway Bars- I did lots of research and have what I think is the best sway bar set up for our trucks. Stinker got me the Addco 1.5' solid front bar, and Belltech solid 1.125" (on their site as 1.25", but that is misprint- I called them). The Belltech frame mounts can be bolted in, but I had them welded in. This is the most robust combo of bars you can get for our trucks. It took a while to get the front brackets sorted out. The original frame brackets were too thin for predicted loads. I called their product mgnr and they agreed. They just designed some very robust brackets and gave me the first set to try,but they had a large batch made. I just got them last week. Worth the wait! I just got the front mounted, used JMB Justins lowering end links with poly bushings (a must for lowered trucks to get geometry right). What a difference. The brackets are so big, I had to flat spot one side of the stock washer to fit right, but it works great. The 10 corners much flatter now, and so far has much better front to rear balance than the stock QC set up. It is a lot of tonnage to make it round a corner and you are always aware of that, but it works great. Initial turn in is much sharper and steering is crisp throughout the range. The ride is even a bit better than stock. The automatic certainly compromises ultimate cornering, but this set up is a vast improvement over stock. I need to dial in the Caltracs to help with corner exits now.

Bryan

Attachments

• left 34.jpg
    left 34.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 846
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 571
  • Belltech rear sway.jpg
    Belltech rear sway.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 1,788
Last edited:
damn, i gotta say that's the best sitting QC i've ever seen. sorry dude but i'm gonna have to bite your style and copy what you did. awesome job, bro! tony!!!!!!! where u at, homie.....

drink up a mix of 1 mellow yellow, 1 jolt cola and 1 red bull and you'll be high for days!

I know. Off topic. But can you post a pic of your headlights?? Wish i had a qc to do this on. I only have 2 doors :(

Great review.
Thats one of the areas I want to work on with my RC. Ditch the Xmetal kit, then get Tonys lowering kit, caltracks and upgrade the bushings.

Finally, I got some pics to post. Here are some pics of my truck with a few mods. Ceramic tint all around. It has Stinkers Venom hood, which worked out great. Love the looks and it fits great. Stinker also got me the Cal Vue mirrors and the black out third brake light. Handles, badges, brake calipers are all painted to match body. Antenna shaved and welded over. Partly debadged. Grille done in matt black. Ebay smoke fogs and front lights (I had to try 2 dif companies to get front lights that were not to dark). It has a slight rake, but is about where I like it for looks. No pics of inside, but has Stinker-Lloyds matts with Ram head and SRT-10 script. All body and paint work by Wesley. Thanks for the great work.

Suspension-
Rear- The back has lowered shackles and overload spring removed, spring still over axle, with Caltracs and the rest Stinker poly bushings. Toyo 325/40-22s

Front- At first I had Stinkers usual front springs, but the front was a bit low for looks and I kept bottoming out (got the front wheel rub marks on top of the fender liner to prove it) in aggressive cornering. He had his spring maker do me up a set that was a bit higher (~1" higher) and they work great. What a great dealer to work with, he took the original springs back! The new springs look perfect to me. The spring rate is higher than stock and no more bottoming out. I got his poly bushing set in front, but only did the upper A-arms. I wanted clear camber control, but to try and keep a family friendly ride. Perfect now. Poly steering rack bushings too. Thanks Stinker, as always, you are the MAN. I think you should add these springs to your site.

Sway Bars- I did lots of research and have what I think is the best sway bar set up for our trucks. Stinker got me the Addco 1.5' solid front bar, and Belltech solid 1.125" (on their site as 1.25", but that is misprint- I called them). The Belltech frame mounts can be bolted in, but I had them welded in. This is the most robust combo of bars you can get for our trucks. It took a while to get the front brackets sorted out. The original frame brackets were too thin for predicted loads. I called their product mgnr and they agreed. They just designed some very robust brackets and gave me the first set to try,but they had a large batch made. I just got them last week. Worth the wait! I just got the front mounted, used JMB Justins lowering end links with poly bushings (a must for lowered trucks to get geometry right). What a difference. The brackets are so big, I had to flat spot one side of the stock washer to fit right, but it works great. The 10 corners much flatter now, and so far has much better front to rear balance than the stock QC set up. It is a lot of tonnage to make it round a corner and you are always aware of that, but it works great. Initial turn in is much sharper and steering is crisp throughout the range. The ride is even a bit better than stock. The automatic certainly compromises ultimate cornering, but this set up is a vast improvement over stock. I need to dial in the Caltracs to help with corner exits now.

Bryan

bryan def worked me to the bone on this one, he did a ton of research, and I think even tho its a grocery getter:D I bet it will def hang the curves

he is trying ot get to panama this year for the meet, it will def be a sight tosee!
we should have some very awesome rids there this year, alot of folks are being very quiet on there mods;)

great job bryan, and a pleasure to work with your sir!:rock:

Great review.
Thats one of the areas I want to work on with my RC. Ditch the Xmetal kit, then get Tonys lowering kit, caltracks and upgrade the bushings.

the bushings make a huge difference buddy, the oem jsut seems to squish up way too much in the handling dept, with the poly bushings , there is not as much give, so you get better and quicker response

you able to post up or pm more details on your suspension set up? I'm curious about the sway bar set up since ill be auto-xing and i want a good set up for the turns. What was the company you were working with?

btw...awesome looking truck :rock:

I am going to try to get with them this week maybe and do that, too I am going to have a heart to heart with them on pricing, I cant order up a thousand of these things thats why I cant do to much on lowering the price, but dadgum, I have been havign them do them for a good bit now, so I will see if I cant do something in this range fellas

also have had a numerous amount of pms and emails on this set up, so I will work tomorrow on setting up a complete kit, front to back, and see if we can get it all set up fellas

thanks

good set up and you did an awesome job writing it up!

Hi Hank......I'm back!

I know. Off topic. But can you post a pic of your headlights?? Wish i had a qc to do this on. I only have 2 doors :(

Will try and post pics this weekend for you. I think there is only one company doing the smoked fogs, but a few make the headlights, but I got them to match. I will try and dig up the company names.

Sway bars- I know the front will fit RC. Not sure on the back. I am not sure how the bracket is on those, but if the bar lengths are approximate to stock, just a dif end link might make it fit.

Wish I had your transmission.

Was it the Belltech #5555 for the rear?

you can get the smoked fogs from this site. i ordered mine and they arrived in 3 business days.

Car Accessories, Auto Accessories, Headlights, Tail Lights, Projector Headlights | K2 Motor

2011-02-16083046.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back