Stinky A/C

tone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
its summer in cali super hot, and i am getting a funky smell comming from my a/c vent. been told to spray lysol in the intake vent, also no water under my truck when parked after using a/c. clogged drain? anybody got some advice?:dontknow:

tone said:
its summer in cali super hot, and i am getting a funky smell comming from my a/c vent. been told to spray lysol in the intake vent, also no water under my truck when parked after using a/c. clogged drain? anybody got some advice?:dontknow:

Sounds like you have a cloged drain:( and if you want an oder gone use Zap
We get it at Smart & Final:D Lysol will build up and it is sticky. YUK:(

:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

dont know if it matters or not, but i always turn off the a/c before i park her and then leave the blower on for a minute or so, then power the blower down....but thats just me being anal. i pretty much power everything down before i shut her off. kinda like an aircraft i guess....

Alot of times what I've seen working for dodge is a mildew that gets on the fins of the evap core, the only way to get it out, without removing the dash to access, is to use something similar to an odor bomb, our version is called friggy fresh, or something like that. what you do is spray it in the inlet where the cowl panel sucks fresh air in. A way to prevent the smell is to on occasion put a/c on fresh air in order to dry out some of the moisture in the a/c housing. Most of the time when the a/c drain is clogged you would begin to notice water on the passenger floor board. Give it a try it can't hurt anything.:dontknow:

tone said:
thanks bro, where can i get friggy fresh, or something like it. pep boys, napa, dodge?
I know you can get it at any dodge dealer, but the price may fighten some, I would reccomend going to a parts house and ask for a/c deoderizer, and if not i think a can is like $20.00 at the dealership, but it's a small can...it works though

jbilledeaux said:
Alot of times what I've seen working for dodge is a mildew that gets on the fins of the evap core, the only way to get it out, without removing the dash to access, is to use something similar to an odor bomb, our version is called friggy fresh, or something like that. what you do is spray it in the inlet where the cowl panel sucks fresh air in. A way to prevent the smell is to on occasion put a/c on fresh air in order to dry out some of the moisture in the a/c housing. Most of the time when the a/c drain is clogged you would begin to notice water on the passenger floor board. Give it a try it can't hurt anything.:dontknow:

Thanks dude..........and Wifey, thank you too. I have this problem in my work rig.

patrick

tone said:
ill try it, and as far as the drain being clogged, can i just lay under there and un-clogg it myself?
Yea if you lay under the truck you can reach in a run something in it, just be carefull not to knock it loose, or then you will definately have water on you floor board.

Had the friggy fresh service done, and it got rid of the smell, but the smell of the friggy fresh wasn't much better, maybe it was just me.

I freebrezed the crap out of the intake on the outside of the windshield and it cleared it all up.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back