STOCK QC vs Stock 2007 GTO

I raced one a while back. He was on slicks and skinnies plus a lot of mods. I won. 12.82 to his 12.83. I ended up that day with a best of 12.7 and he ended up with a best of 12.4 (with a different driver). But that was on slicks. My only mods at the time were intake, exhaust and stage 2. Here is the video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f569261f-b471-4afc-bdf9-123fa6bdcd99.htm

Being a former SRT8 owner I know exactly how the GTOs will run...there are hundreds of threads about SRT8 vs GTO on the LX forums..05/06 GTOs (400HP) are a driver's race with the SRT8s (425HP..but 500LBS heavier)..they will do low 13s stock....very high 12s on a good day and good track...QC aint gonna beat it unless it is modded enough to turn low 13s...unless the GTO is driven by an idiot..:stupido3:

The 2004 was only 350HP (or there abouts) and ran around 14... And there was not a 2007 GTO..took GM 3 yrs to realize how ugly they really were..;)

As Flying Low said...Get a K&N CAI, loose 2 Cats, Stage II, Cat-Back exhaust and you will be running 12.7-12.8...

vjleon81 said:
A friend of mine just got a brand new GTO 6.0 and wants to race. He keeps talking trash so I was wondering what the outcome should look like. Any input on who would win between these two?

Its really sad that they detuned the Qc:( But Just get a Stage 2. Thats the way it should have came from the factory. I still think you got a chance, because Srt Brad once ran 13.5 bone stock on A Qc.

THE GTO WITH 6SP WILL TAKE A STOCK QUAD CAB WITH NO PROBLEM

BUT IT IS A VERY CLOSE RACE WITH R/C DEPENDS ON DRIVER.

IF YPU LEAVE THE TRACTION CONTROL ON IN THE GTO IT WILL COME OUT OF THE HOLE HARD AND NEVER BREAK THE TIRES LOOSE

THE REASON I KNOW IS I HAVE THE GTO AND R/C AND MY SON HAD A QUAD CAB

If he's talking some major trash and you really want to smash him, then it only takes a few mods to do it. Even if you race him stock he will be impressed how fast a stock QC is. Whatever you decide just have fun and be safe.

FlyingLow said:
I raced one a while back. He was on slicks and skinnies plus a lot of mods. I won. 12.82 to his 12.83. I ended up that day with a best of 12.7 and he ended up with a best of 12.4 (with a different driver). But that was on slicks. My only mods at the time were intake, exhaust and stage 2. Here is the video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f569261f-b471-4afc-bdf9-123fa6bdcd99.htm .

Love your vids on streetfire FlyingLow, I used to watch them over and over again and couldn't wait to get my own Silver QC. Showed a bunch of my friends your vids and they were impressed to say the least, they couldn't believe a big QC truck could run so fast with only 3 minor boltons, on stock 22's. Damn GJ!

I watched Scott's video and I must make one observation:

That guy in the GTO was seriously hole shotted.... I mean, he was fkn asleep at the wheel. Scotty burned him (bad) at the light and the guy spent the rest of the time trying to catch up.... Damn near did.....

Without that (seems like .5 sec or 1+ car length) margin at the start, the GTO woulda won..... Look at the speed at the end.... The GTO was catching up fast at 110mph to Scotty's 103...... and remember that's including Scotty's mods.....

I wouldn't go betting the homestead on this one, even with the mods..... You'd better cut a mean light....

Just my .02....

D

Django said:
I watched Scott's video and I must make one observation:

That guy in the GTO was seriously hole shotted.... I mean, he was fkn asleep at the wheel. Scotty burned him (bad) at the light and the guy spent the rest of the time trying to catch up.... Damn near did.....

Without that (seems like .5 sec or 1+ car length) margin at the start, the GTO woulda won..... Look at the speed at the end.... The GTO was catching up fast at 110mph to Scotty's 103...... and remember that's including Scotty's mods.....

I wouldn't go betting the homestead on this one, even with the mods..... You'd better cut a mean light....

Just my .02....D

I hear what your saying, but reaction time has nothing to do with E.T. In that race Scotty had a better E.T. 12.82 to 12.83, even if the GTO left at the same time as Scotty, he still would have lost. The clock doesn't start untill the car moves out from the staging lights, so yes the GTO got treed, but he still ran a slower 1/4mile. His trap speed is higher, so he's moving faster on the top end, he still would loose that 1/4mile race, but after 1/4mile he would eventually catch up and pass Scotty.

That GTO was making more power. But he was also on slicks and had skinny tires on the front. Later that day I ran a best of 12.71 @ 108 while I'm pretty sure the GTO ran a best of 12.4. Now the owner/driver only did 12.8's. He had to get a friend of his to drive to get the 12.4. So you can see that the driver mod can account for a lot. And I might add that this video was from my first day ever at a track. So I had a steep learning curve. But I almost always had a great R/T or at least a red-light.;)

I THINK YOU CAN TAKE HIM THE GUYS WHO RACE THERE GTO'S AT THE LAS VEGAS DRAG STIP, SUCK. I BEATEN A COUPLE AND I ALSO WAS GONNA BUY ONE. I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE HIM EASILY. STOCK VS STOCK. YOU SHOULD WIN. GTO'S HERE WHERE RUNING HIGH 14'S LOW 15'S. I'M RUNNING LOW 14'S AND BROKE INTO VERY HIGH 13'S W/ ALMOST ALL STOCK. JUST GOT A FULL BLOWN EXHAUST AND VOLANT CAI. NO X-PIPE

I ran two of them. They were both 06's and they were both 6 speeds. I don't know if they had mods or not. One beat me. The other I started pulling on, but barely. Maybe 4-5 feet at best, but I let off right before I hit the rev limiter in 3rd.

I'd say on the street (stock for stock) a viper truck (an RC at least) would beat a GTO, but barely. On the track...traction again would be an issue so the GTO would probably kill a stock truck.

Back