stock shifter ?

popstoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the loosen the four bolt fix[i got that third gear problem]on shifter base 1-how loose should they be and 2-do i actually drive the the truck to try to center it or just move shifter while parked.thanks to all concerned.

It will help, loosen enough that the base will barely move, shift thru all gears a bunch of times ,parked, then tighten snugly....your done.

Centering is worth a try but seriously the stock shifter is such a pile of rubbish. Genuine crap! Buy the B & M dude. Its truly an upgrade that you will appreciate everytime your drive your truck.

patrick

FATJACK said:
It will help, loosen enough that the base will barely move, shift thru all gears a bunch of times ,parked, then tighten snugly....your done.

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

update

centering my shifter so far after a few days hasnt missed third gear but reverse has issues once in awhile.these shifters are a piece of crap.seams like original owner must have centered once before one of bolts was stripped.

I have to center mine evry so often. (B&M) some people say it is all in the way you drive it. I snatch second pretty hard so that may be the reason... But get an upgrade its a world of differance

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back