Stolen Key

sealalot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A piece of shit junkie former employee of mine took a parting gift before I fired him: The spare key to my Viper truck. Of course he will deny this, but I know it was him. Here are my questions: How much does a replacement cost, and is there any way to render the stolen key useless? I don't know what his plans are (perhaps sell key for dope money), or simply steal the truck himself. The fact remains that there's an Oxycontin-snorting loose cannon out there wandering around with a spare key to my truck, and it's an uneasy feeling. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably go to the cops just to get it on record that he stole it, but like I said before, he'll deny it for sure.

Go the the police and get it on record for sure! We get reports like that all the time at my work. I had a junkie under arrest once and my keys fell out of my pocket and they slid under the seat of the patrol car into the rear where he was...i found them in his pocket when we got back to the station. I was very tempted to put a beat down on him:mad:

If it where me, i'd have the locks changed. It sucks but at least he can't jack your truck!

It's going to mean a trip to the dealer to wipe out the security memory so that the tranducer in that key will no longer be recognized. He will still be able to get into the truck. It just won't start. I don't know what's cheaper. Have all your keys and locks replaced (Insurance ???). Or aftermarket alarm system.

Dodge must be able to change the reading of the chip in the key?

Moparracing,What would be the optionsto do here?
You could always get an alarm put in,then it has the starter kill in it,that you would need the key fob to turn off and on??

I don't know if you can get the same deal with the SCT, but I have a no start card for my VEC:dontknow: might be an excuse to get yourself a new mod:D

FastSRT19 said:
Go the the police and get it on record for sure! We get reports like that all the time at my work. I had a junkie under arrest once and my keys fell out of my pocket and they slid under the seat of the patrol car into the rear where he was...i found them in his pocket when we got back to the station. I was very tempted to put a beat down on him:mad:

You guys don't have a big plastic shield and bucket type seat for em to sit in? That would suck.

Yellow venom said:
Dodge must be able to change the reading of the chip in the key?

Moparracing,What would be the options to do here?
You could always get an alarm put in,then it has the starter kill in it,that you would need the key fob to turn off and on??
if all the guy has is the key but no remote, i'd change the driver's door lock & hide that new plain jane key on the frame..... then just keep using your original coded key to start it & remote to get in it.......
or just go beat the crap otta da guy. :D

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
It's going to mean a trip to the dealer to wipe out the security memory so that the tranducer in that key will no longer be recognized. He will still be able to get into the truck. It just won't start. I don't know what's cheaper. Have all your keys and locks replaced (Insurance ???). Or aftermarket alarm system.

Exactly right.....dealer can keep the stolen key from starting the truck but it will still unlock the doors unless you change the locks...expensive option though.............save money and just kill the turd..:dontknow:

sealalot said:
A piece of shit junkie former employee of mine took a parting gift before I fired him: The spare key to my Viper truck. Of course he will deny this, but I know it was him. Here are my questions: How much does a replacement cost, and is there any way to render the stolen key useless? I don't know what his plans are (perhaps sell key for dope money), or simply steal the truck himself. The fact remains that there's an Oxycontin-snorting loose cannon out there wandering around with a spare key to my truck, and it's an uneasy feeling. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably go to the cops just to get it on record that he stole it, but like I said before, he'll deny it for sure.

Use your imagination to set him up so he will make his move, then make yours

upside his head!:damnmate:

the only way you would really piss OFF an oxy-addict is buy up all the oxy's up!! SOOOOOOOO!!!

don"t go to his dealer and you'll be fine!!!!

if you really think he got key, dig thru grand papa"s bedroom , find his oxycotton bottle, take 5-6 call the guy up, offer the key for the pill"s!!
you"ll get your key, he"ll get HIGH AS HELL, all is well

personaly i"d have to take one BUT HAY THATS JUST ME... LOL

The truck is locked up in my garage, so if he wants at it, he'll have to break into the garage too. Since he's a junkie, I bet he'll just try to sell the key to one of his junkie friends. If there's one thing I know about junkies...they never hold onto anything. Anything they have is sold immediately to feed their habit.

1badnightrunner said:
personaly i"d have to take one BUT HAY THATS JUST ME... LOL

You wouldn't say that if you lived here. That shit has become an epidemic around here. I would say that a good 60% of people in this area between the age of 18 to 35 are on heroin and/or Oxys. The last time I had a hired man with a valid PA driver's license who wasn't addicted to drugs was over 5 years ago.

File the police report and get the locks changed. See if the police can track him down and question him about it. Tell him somebody saw him, he's on tape, etc. taking the key. If he gives it back he won't be charged. If he has the key and gives it back or admits to taking it, charge him anyway for being a scumbag.

Mr5150 said:
You guys don't have a big plastic shield and bucket type seat for em to sit in? That would suck.
Yes we have both, but stuff can still fit under the shield if it's small enough (like keys)

And as far as the situation at hand, i would have all the locks changed just to be safe...then find the junkie and pound the $$$ out of him:D

I know a guy who knows a guy who has a brother with a Son that I could call for ya! HAHAHAA Good luck man.

Do you only have one left then? If you have two, you can self-program more (and leave keys out) w/o dealer involvement. For this reason, I have several transponder keys for my truck! :):rock:

Scumbags suck.:secruity: :secruity: :secruity:

sealalot said:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back