Storing SRT-10

BriteCrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, things have grown tight.

Not so tight that I have to get rid of any toys at this point, but from a usability standpoint I'm going to have to garage the 10 for several months. Dropping all driving coverage and going to theft only as a declared value on homeowners saves me 1300 every 6 months. That's 1300 I can definitely pay some other bills with.

My question to you is this: Have you guys ever stored a 10 for a length of time? What precautions did you take? I plan to pull the battery and stabilize the gas, do you guys foresee any problems with the nature of these engines and stabilizer? I've used it before in high performance motors with no problems, but that was in iron blocked fords. I may go ahead and drop the tank if there's just a little left in there and recycle it into my mower.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance guys.

My 10 has only sat up for a month at a time, but no longer than that. My methods for storage wouldn't match what yours may need. If you're pulling the battery, that's a good move. I would probably place it up entirely on jack stands for a 6 month rest to keep a flat spot from forming on the tires. Also, change the oil before you start her up again whenever you do. Anything else, I just don't know.

store mine every winter usually from November area till around april. gas stabalizer and all else i do is go out and start it once a month let it run 5-10 minutes then shut her down has worked for 3 years so far for me with no issues. then as soon as i pull it back out i get the oil changed.

Venom Power said:
My 10 has only sat up for a month at a time, but no longer than that. My methods for storage wouldn't match what yours may need. If you're pulling the battery, that's a good move. I would probably place it up entirely on jack stands for a 6 month rest to keep a flat spot from forming on the tires. Also, change the oil before you start her up again whenever you do. Anything else, I just don't know.

I have the ability to get her on stands if needed, that may be a good idea to keep the tires in better shape. Thanks for the input so far guys, keep em coming.

You may want to add an additve to the brake fluid and clutch fluid. I'm not sure what it's called but you can get it at NAPA. It is specifically for vehicles that are not driven much or stored to keep caliper, slaves from sticking.

Leave the battery in and hook up a batter "tender" to maintain the charge. Start it up once a month for 5-10 minutes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back