Straight pipes all the way through??

4to10cyl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ran straight pipes right off of the stock manifolds?? I can imagine it will be loud, but will it be bearable if I keep out of the throttle?? My other option is to have the stock muffler put back on. :dontknow:

just run it straight! Your neighbors will love you. There is a video on YouTube of a QC that is straight pipe.

GhostR1der said:
just run it straight! Your neighbors will love you. There is a video on YouTube of a QC that is straight pipe.

What neighbors?? My closest neighbors are 1/2 mile away and have a 68 camaro straight piped and a 69(?) chevelle that is too. You should see our road?? Brings a whole new meaning to blacktop. :rock:

oh no neighbors? It would be sweet to pull up and romp on the exhaust and scare the shit out of the little kids

I think you will be the first one to do this:p :p :p ''

start with a cat delete midpipes from JMB....If you want louuder with drone get the magnaflow

I still have all 4 cats but I cut my exhaust off just a few feet after the cats and its extremly loud. Lots of lots of rumbling when you lift the throttle. I like my vehicles very very loud and I got it.

Greg Z said:
I still have all 4 cats but I cut my exhaust off just a few feet after the cats and its extremly loud. Lots of lots of rumbling when you lift the throttle. I like my vehicles very very loud and I got it.

Mine has the muffler off and it's straightpiped from the cats back. It rocks!! But I think I want it louder and more power!! :rock:

Yank the cats, but get a Borla......... sounds very sexy..... low runble until WOT... then WOW.... Sounds like a big fkn marine engine...

D

Not trying to hi-jack but I have been wondering....If you yank the cats do you have to buy a chip/tune for the cat delete?

Django said:
Yank the cats, but get a Borla......... sounds very sexy..... low runble until WOT... then WOW.... Sounds like a big fkn marine engine...

D

Budget spending, if it's too loud I will put the stock one back in. When I do my actual exhaust I want to get a new rear bumper that has two slots and put borla mufflers with these tips:

l_0a3aef292e414be5a1b3b7bc627b7ca7.jpg

Greg Z said:
Not trying to hi-jack but I have been wondering....If you yank the cats do you have to buy a chip/tune for the cat delete?

You can either get a tune or get 02 sims if you don't want to get a code. I'm going to go without for a while.

Greg Z said:

i have been told all you have to do is remove the rear sensors and tie them up, with no codes. it has worked for some and not others..

he wonlt be the first one to do this lol i'v already done it.. 3" all the way BACK! WoooHoooo! Loud Pipes Saves Lives!

Tooloe said:
he wonlt be the first one to do this lol i'v already done it.. 3" all the way BACK! WoooHoooo! Loud Pipes Saves Lives!

Did you keep it this way or realize how bad it was and put something else on?

I ran open pipes for about 5 days. You really cant hear yourself think when running, especially when near a center medium on the highway. Of course mine were cut mid-way, so exhaust was open under the truck instead of at the rear. Let me know how it sounds. I just might run straight pipes out the back.

4to10cyl said:
Did you keep it this way or realize how bad it was and put something else on?

Shorty after i blew the motor up so i'll report back but with it being cammed i'm pretty sure it's gonna sound bad ass eother way

I cut everything off except rear resonator on my truck. I loved it, but some thought it was too loud, depends on what you like (I like the loud muscle-motor sound)...you have an 04, so you dont have a (05/06) resonator, so I would recommend some sort of muffler or else it would be bloody loud.

-Red

There's a guy around here with strait pipes. It sounds like ass. There's nothing throaty about it. It's just annoying and cheap sounding. You CAN here it miles away and if that's what you want go for it.

With an '04 you can strap the rear O2 sensors to the frame and plug the bung holes with caps and it will not throw a code. I only recommend this if you don't plan on driving in wet conditions. Mine has been that way since I put headers on right after I bought it...I have only been in the rain three times. No chip or tuning changes required.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back