Straight pipes or not ??

venom 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get some opinions from you guys on getting rid of the Winnebago muffler and running straight pipes in it's place?? My truck is not a daily driver so im not worried about going deaf driving it every day. Im sure that it is very loud but how loud is my question, if im gonna need ear plugs to drive it than forget it..My exhaust is still stock including all the cats. I really don't want Magnaflow or the BB system, just looking for the exotic loud tone...Let me know what you guys think.

LOL....Are you serious, how did you know that's the sound I was looking for!

I believe Patrick ( Red 007 ) ran straight pipes on his truck, And also Kevin ( Voo-Doo ). I thought they sounded pretty damn good.:dontknow:

If I do decide to go the straight pipe route, I will be leaving the cats on so that should muffle it a bit I would think????...

if your gonna do anything with the exhaust and stay stock, gut the cats and buy either a borla or corsa muffler. Should give you the sound your looking for.

venom 1 said:
Would like to take them off but gotta have them on for inspections
Ah, mid-pipes without cats and a set of oem/mids (the ones you take off) That's what I'm doing, 6yrs. before first smog 2010. Then change for that one day, one hour. :dontknow:
She sounds great without the cats, and for me we even gained some ponies.....:congrats:

Quick

QuickSilver said:
Ah, mid-pipes without cats and a set of oem/mids (the ones you take off) That's what I'm doing, 6yrs. before first smog 2010. Then change for that one day, one hour. :dontknow:
She sounds great without the cats, and for me we even gained some ponies.....:congrats:

Quick

I think he's hot the best idea! They're not hard to change out!

venom 1 said:
Would like to take them off but gotta have them on for inspections
if your goin to do straight pipes i would take the cats off to bypass the inspection take a piece of smaller pipe run it threw your cats weld ur cats to it to make it look legal and then carry out to the rest of the truck straight pipe:dontknow:

Maybe I will just do smoke stacks, seems the "in" thing around these parts lately:D

Straight pipes with an X Pipe:

Not fun, too loud to be comfortable. Felt like if an officer pulled up and set next to me, he would have to pull me over...now have just a magnaflow muffler...nothing else. I like it.

Last edited:
Prof said:

Not fun, too loud to be comfortable. Felt like if an officer pulled up and set next to me, he would have to pull me over...now have just a magnaflow muffler...nothing else. I like it.
See what I mean!!!

Thanks Prof. If I ever had the thought, your video just changed my mind.

i have streights on mine and they dont bother anyone. performance vehicles should be loud, and get peoples attention.

Prof said:

That sounds pretty awesome to me:rock: , did you remove all of you cats?? Like I said before, I want it fairly loud being that It is not a daily driver

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back