Strange Vibrations...

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since i have swapped wheels i have a strange vibration at 80mph. Its kinda a pulse like counting seconds (1second,2second,) fading in and out. The tires took fine, they all balanced fine when Travis did them, could an alignment cause something like this? :dontknow: Its really annoying at times :mad: Thanks in advance for and feedback on this.
Cody

. . . There's also a recall on the front wheels bearings.

Roz-SRT said:
. . . There's also a recall on the front wheels bearings.
Not sure if they would even touch this truck with that airbag suspension on it. Heck, im not even sure these are the stock spindles. Mark is hard to get ahold of so i havent been able to get all the info i need yet.

Im gonna have a shop check these wheels and tell me if their out of round or not, and its getting aligned this week before we leave for PCB GTG. Well see what happens.

The only recall there has ever been on this truck was for the passenger side seatbelt which was fixed in 07. I think its safe to count the wheel bearings out.

If you have another set of wheels, try swapping them to see if the problem goes away.

May have lost a wheel weight, easy to do with the stick on's that are used on aluminum wheels.

FATJACK said:
May have lost a wheel weight, easy to do with the stick on's that are used on aluminum wheels.
Thats a possiblility, though it did start within the first few miles after swapping wheels. Ill check everything out this weekend when i swapping bags out.

Psycho Mythic said:
Thats a possiblility, though it did start within the first few miles after swapping wheels. Ill check everything out this weekend when i swapping bags out.

You have stick on wheel weights and I have seen them sling off within the first few miles if they didn't stick good enough. You'll be able to tell when have the rims checked for roundness. They should be round though. I didn't have a shake with them on mine.

EMT/SRT said:
You have stick on wheel weights and I have seen them sling off within the first few miles if they didn't stick good enough. You'll be able to tell when have the rims checked for roundness. They should be round though. I didn't have a shake with them on mine.
Yeah, i never thought to check the weights, im kinda nieve in alot of areas on these trucks. At least for now i have "Vibrating" Power Heated Leather & Suede Seats :D

Psycho Mythic said:
Yeah, i never thought to check the weights, im kinda nieve in alot of areas on these trucks. At least for now i have "Vibrating" Power Heated Leather & Suede Seats :D
Way to look at the positive side! :rock:

How is the stereo stuff going?

you might try jacking the truck up and loosening the nuts and re-tightening them

Sounds like an out of balance thing to me. Usually you feel that at 70-75. At 80 it would go away(in my case). Got mine re balanced and it was all smooth driving again.

patrick

Bearings

i should check those wheel bearings to, mine died at 40000 miles, Big noise, and a lot of play on the wheel !

:D
amtrucker22 said:
Way to look at the positive side! :rock:

How is the stereo stuff going?
The Navi/DVD/MP3 install will be completed today. Turns out that Best Buy has the harness to hook it all up (CTHO-013) in stock. You'll get to see it all soon

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back