Strange wind rushing sound under truck when in acceleration???

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last week I noticed this strange sound similar to gushing wind from under my truck. It doesn't affect performance from what I can tell and it only does it in gear around 1/4 throttle. Not always tho.

I originally thought it could be a broken cat but wouldn't tat affect performance?

My other thought was possible a loose clamp on the exhaust or a whole somewhere???

Has anyone experienced what I am describing? What does it sound like when there is a whole in the exhaust?

I'm at a loss right now for what it could be, but like I said it hasn't affected anything performance wise.

Take a damp rag large enough to cover the tail pipes and start the truck, then hold the rag against the pipes to plug them if there is a leak you will hear it, if not the back pressure will push the rag away.

Has anyone experienced what I am describing? What does it sound like when there is a whole in the exhaust?

I'm at a loss right now for what it could be, but like I said it hasn't affected anything performance wise.

its the sound of fords getting sucked in the intake and shot out the tailpipe, after awhile you get used to the gurgling sound man;)

Will try the rag in tailpipe trick to see. Also how would I know if it's a cat that broke? Bang it with a hammer or try to shake it?

its the sound of fords getting sucked in the intake and shot out the tailpipe, after awhile you get used to the gurgling sound man;)
LOLOLOL:rock: I feel like I'm in a damn Ford with all the noise it makes.lol

Yup, get under the truck and tap on the cats to see if you hear any broken pieces lying inside. I'm betting on an exhuast leak though. They are indeed loud.;)

I had multiple small exhaust leaks not too long ago, definitely didn't sound like wind gushing from under the truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back