Stubby Antenna

BADBLACKSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought one of these from Craven. Its low cost, looks good, and the reception is great. Good stuff.

Attachments

• 2012-06-03_11-33-08_539.jpg
    2012-06-03_11-33-08_539.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 4,205
the reception is great.

There is no way the reception is great. Ever notice car antennas are for the most part the same size? There is a reason for that, they are "tuned" for those frequencies. A smaller (and much smaller at that) can and will not pick up those frequencies.

I like it too. I even had one on my truck. Reception sucked so I listened to my iPod most of the time.

I like it too. I even had one on my truck. Reception sucked so I listened to my iPod most of the time.

You are both right, by cutting down the length of the antenna you do limit the number of wavelengths that can be accepted by the unit. That does not limit the stations it can receive, it just slightly decreases the likelihood of finding one with a clear sound at a a given location.

With The Stubby you will get all of your stations, if the signal is strong enough. The vast majority of our customers get perfect reception just like BadBlack, but in areas without a strong radio signal sometimes the reception will be improved by the whip antenna. It could be further improved by doubling or tripling the length of the stock antenna too, but who would bother? So, Dodge makes an antenna as long as they think you will deal with and it most cases it is much longer than it needs to be.

I hope that helps clarify. :elefant:

i keep debating going the ultimate stubby and thats called shaving it lol.

I bought a big stick shorty antenna needless to say I changes it back within 5 min It sucked ballz

Who was it on here that had shaved the antenna off & had put something under the dash that served as an antenna & he said it work fine. Can't remember his name but I think he had a Yellow Fever. He had even posted the website where he got the unit.

Who was it on here that had shaved the antenna off & had put something under the dash that served as an antenna & he said it work fine. Can't remember his name but I think he had a Yellow Fever. He had even posted the website where he got the unit.

I've seen the website where viperhauler shops for "units". Trust me, it's not a link that we want posted here. :D

Thanks, totally forgot I wanted this. Just bought one! Really just want it for looks, never listen to radio. Add it to the long list of parts to be installed next month!

Thanks, totally forgot I wanted this. Just bought one! Really just want it for looks, never listen to radio. Add it to the long list of parts to be installed next month!

Chewbacca

How do you like your grille? Where did you get it? I really like this look better on our trucks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back