SUBWOOFER RATTLE

TXVIPERPWRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with their subwoofer rattling the plastic behind the seat of a RC with the bass kicked in? Mine is driving me nuts. I have the bass turned all the way down to -6 or -8 and it still rattles. The only time I can get it to stop is if I push the top of the speaker back and hold it against the carpet of the back wall.

Anyone else have this problem and any fix ideas??

TXVIPERPWRD said:
Anyone have problems with their subwoofer rattling the plastic behind the seat of a RC with the bass kicked in? Mine is driving me nuts. I have the bass turned all the way down to -6 or -8 and it still rattles. The only time I can get it to stop is if I push the top of the speaker back and hold it against the carpet of the back wall.

Anyone else have this problem and any fix ideas??

I'm having this exact problem too but only with certain songs with hard bass but the symptoms described on the TSB do not seem to match:

Overview:
This bulletin involves replacing the 2 channel Audio Amplifier (AMP) and 8 channel AMP.

Symptom/Condition:
Crackle, pop, and static sounds heard from subwoofer speaker (most noticeable at
key-on). Also reduced subwoofer output is possible.

Diagnosis:
If the vehicle operator describes the Symptom(s) above, perform the Repair Procedure

my issue seems to be much like TXVIPERPWRD described his, just seems to be the base of the sub box rattling in the plastic tray under certain bass levels. Pushing the box against the back wall fixes the issue...too bad its so hard to drive that way..:D

The sub is held in with two screws. One on each side. Remove them and cut a piece of black indoor-outdoor carpet to go underneath it. Re-install sub. You just want to insulate it from being plastic on plastic. Some of those rubber stick on feet might work as well.

Thanks SilvrSRT10, I will give that a try tomorrow, sounds like it will do the job.

i don't have that prob. mine quit workin:toilet: :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back