subwoofer that stopped working. could use some help

koch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory sub stopped working. I replaced the sub with a none good one(I think the sub was blown anyway). I removed the factory amp and checked the plug for power and ground, there was. This makes me think the amp is blown, but if someone has any other ideas I would love to hear them. :dontknow:

100 bucks plus shipping and you can have my amp and subwoofer (Which are good!)...Just shoot me a PM.:)

Shipping is from Hawaii.

there are 2 factory amps, one on the floor and the second in you dash, check the one thats in the dash, when mine went out that was the problem

did you replace the factory sub with a non factory sub......ive heard that it wont work if it isnt the factory sub.

the sub is controlled under the center console, the other speakers are controlled with a sub behind the glove box.

Yes, the sub is non factory. The rest of the radio works fine.

could be the problem...i was told i couldnt change out subs because the amps and radio are all connected and a normal sub will not work with our amps because its not coded to the amp.....if anybody knows differently please let me know

Just had my amps replaced today. There are still honoring the factory recall. Also had to have my instrument panel replaced.

guinnessboy said:
could be the problem...i was told i couldnt change out subs because the amps and radio are all connected and a normal sub will not work with our amps because its not coded to the amp.....if anybody knows differently please let me know

You are correct, Sir.:rock:

moparracing said:
there's a factory recall on the amps ?:dontknow:

There was a recall, however it was very obscure and the dealerships tend to try to weasel out of having to fix it. I believe the recall was on the Amp that is in the dash, but, I could be wrong.:dontknow:

Mine makes noise when I start my truck if its cool/cold out. The sub thumps quietly for a minute or so depending on how cold outside it is. I thought it might be a ground issue, but when you hit the gas the "thump" stays the same pitch:dontknow: I'm out of my warr. now so I guess I'm screwed:mad: The noise is gone by the time I get to the dealership.:mad:

Honestly it's worth it just to replace the subwoofer and amp... for cheap you can put a subwoofer controller, new amp and drop in a new 10' sub for under $500.

I have a bunch of subs hanging around, so I think I will just buy an amp. I wont let any dealer touch my truck, I'm a mechanic and have friends that work at dealerships. I know how they treat cars. lol!

JOHN ILL STOP BY LATER MY STOPED WORKING IF YOU REMEBERED ALL IT WAS A WIRE OR GIVE ME A RING

koch said:
if someone has any other ideas I would love to hear them. :dontknow:

:idea:The only idea I have to to trash the whole factory system and start anew with an aftermarket one.

Your right! Throw the whole system in the trash. thats the best idea, and what I think is gona happen. Thanks for everyones input tho.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back