Sun Coast Transmission ?

BLACK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live about an 1hr or so from sun coast transmission and I know a few people here have used them on there setup I have a QC and have the paxton S/C and have not had any problems with my trans " YET" S/C has been on for a little over 12k miles is there a big difference in the feel of the trucks with the sun coast setup I know I am on borrowed time with the stock trans..and if I go with this setup can I do away with the flash I have that raise my shift points to 6k I would like to have them back around 5600-5700:dontknow:

I have a suncoast in mine. Full comp version. The shifts are pretty firm but IMO not too bad. The shifts are much much quicker and I went from spinning on the shift to 2nd to lighting the tires up. Only had it in for a few thousand miles but I've had a Suncoast before and didn't have any problems. I'm going to get my flash modified to lower the shift points, sometimes I hit the rev limiter before the shift.

I am currently working on the answer for lowering the shift points so you don't hit the rev limiter....the computer and the trans are argueing....will post up the second I have the answer.....

Talk to Joe at Suncoast.

I am mounting a Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive system with the new tranny. Floor foot shifter for QC.

GV unit Direct mount 20% OD# 3D0177

Bone said:
Talk to Joe at Suncoast.

I am mounting a Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive system with the new tranny. Floor foot shifter for QC.

GV unit Direct mount 20% OD# 3D0177

A floor mounted shifter would be nice setup. Beats the hell out of "rowing" the gears as Mike calls it at the track! That just seems kinda scary!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
A floor mounted shifter would be nice setup. Beats the hell out of "rowing" the gears as Mike calls it at the track! That just seems kinda scary!

patrick

agreed....I don't row anymore.....just put it in D and let the computer run....

However, I can keep it up (so to speak) in the upper RPM band for the entire run with the split gearing. 30-40HP saved

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back