Suspansion

Anyone with stinkers 2/3 RC drop ever go even lower ?? I installed it a month ago and would love it a tiny bit lower..

I'd like to see a picture of that. Right now I'm looking for a way to justify ditching my 1/2 X-Metal drop for a Stinky drop, and probably a Stank rear end too.

Venom Power said:
I'd like to see a picture of that. Right now I'm looking for a way to justify ditching my 1/2 X-Metal drop for a Stinky drop, and probably a Stank rear end too.

i want to get Stinker's front springs. think that would be just about the finishin touch for the handlein part.

a Stanky rearend would be sweet.:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

I dont suggest going lower, for a couple reasons, the front is about maxed for a spring set up, I allready get a few complaints about bottoming on really rough roads, plus it also puts the tie rods at a crazy angle and on the rear any lower than 3 inch block and you run out of suspension, woulld need to shorten the driveshaft add shocks and prob c notch the rear frame.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I dont suggest going lower, for a couple reasons, the front is about maxed for a spring set up, I allready get a few complaints about bottoming on really rough roads, plus it also puts the tie rods at a crazy angle and on the rear any lower than 3 inch block and you run out of suspension, woulld need to shorten the driveshaft add shocks and prob c notch the rear frame.

yeha i got a cracked inner fender thanks stinker! lol:D it's ok i even thought about cutting them out for weight reduction lol

VP, do you have CalTracs? l do, and have to put a little shot of WD on them every now and then, but they do squeak/creak backing out of the driveway when they get dry...

Boy oh boy santa brought me and the wife one of them there suspansion swang thangs! And she loves every minute of it, and I do mean minute! I'm livin the dream right now! Hope you guys are havin this much fun with ya'lls suspansion system!:D

linemup said:
Boy oh boy santa brought me and the wife one of them there suspansion swang thangs! And she loves every minute of it, and I do mean minute! I'm livin the dream right now! Hope you guys are havin this much fun with ya'lls suspansion system!:D

Is this the basket type that hangs from the ceiling?:) :dontknow: :D ;)

Thanks tony i needed the voice of reason... i probaly would of done it and hated it then.:D

fastbill said:
VP, do you have CalTracs? l do, and have to put a little shot of WD on them every now and then, but they do squeak/creak backing out of the driveway when they get dry...

Bill, I got the X-Metal drop from Blaine@PSI a couple years back. He took it off his rig and slapped it in mine. He never mentioned CalTracs so I doubt I have 'em. I'm thinking, like Stinky said, them bushings are getting old or need some WD since #1900 :dontknow: does do a lot of sitting around. I should know the answer to this since I've been here way long enough, but what do CalTracs do? Better traction? I never race her so it's probably not necessary for me.

man Antknee if ya went with the CalTracs & a Stinker rearend you would like a loty

Venom Power said:
Bill, I got the X-Metal drop from Blaine@PSI a couple years back. He took it off his rig and slapped it in mine. He never mentioned CalTracs so I doubt I have 'em. I'm thinking, like Stinky said, them bushings are getting old or need some WD since #1900 :dontknow: does do a lot of sitting around. I should know the answer to this since I've been here way long enough, but what do CalTracs do? Better traction? I never race her so it's probably not necessary for me.
Caltracs run a bar from the bottom of the rear axle to the front spring perch.

what this does is keep the rear axle from rotating at all, this in turn keeps one side of the axle from twisting a bit more, and giving you that sideways burnout, plus it helps plant the rear axle down a bit better and give you more traction

Caltracs run a bar from the bottom of the rear axle to the front spring perch.

what this does is keep the rear axle from rotating at all, this in turn keeps one side of the axle from twisting a bit more, and giving you that sideways burnout, plus it helps plant the rear axle down a bit better and give you more traction

Who sells CalTracs? Wait, let me guess...

So I send Tony summore money I reckon..

Venom Power said:

yeah and the bad thing is they had a price increase too:eek: but I will see what I can do about that;)

yeah and the bad thing is they had a price increase too:eek: but I will see what I can do about that;)

:D Good cuz I wanna do some sideways burnouts too..:top:

Venom Power said:

them things are a beatch to put on too ;)

Ironhead said:
them things are a beatch to put on too ;)

not that bad. did not even remove the springs to install:rock: :rock: :rock:

one thing for sure, ANTI-SEZIE THE THREADS:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back