Suspension upgrades

HV SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have installed bigger sway bars front and rear and a watts link on the rear end. Was curious if anybody else has tried to make our bricks turn like a sports car? Or a'm I the only one here that should of bought a Viper instead of a truck?:) :)

Won't go to the shop till next month so I won't be able to take it to the track till next year. But I will post pics when its done and will let everybody know how it handles on the street.

HV SRT said:
I'm going to have installed bigger sway bars front and rear and a watts link on the rear end. Was curious if anybody else has tried to make our bricks turn like a sports car? Or a'm I the only one here that should of bought a Viper instead of a truck?:) :)

not the only one, i bet most on here wish they had the viper instead of the truck... but hey thats just my opinion. The only reason i got the truck is I could not afford the insurance on the car

The bars and watts link need to custom made. We can't find anybody making parts for our trucks. The job will be time and material. I think it will be between 2 to 3 k.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
not the only one, i bet most on here wish they had the viper instead of the truck... but hey thats just my opinion. The only reason i got the truck is I could not afford the insurance on the car
I bought the the truck because I didn't think I could afford the Viper. Then I found this site and did a couple of mods. I think the Viper would have been cheaper.:D :D

HV SRT said:
I bought the the truck because I didn't think I could afford the Viper. Then I found this site and did a couple of mods. I think the Viper would have been cheaper.:D :D

Yeah..with your mod list you could have had a viper..but...aint it worth more than a Viper to see the look on some Vette owner's face when a big red brick is pulling on him in the twisties..;)

Some of us did buy Vipers so we could use our trucks as trucks. Your project looks interesting. Good luck.

This is the best upgrade.............the stock suspension kinda has a weird roll to it going fast in corners...........handles pretty good........with what you'r doin is gunna be a whole new ball game, followin the terrain with way more response and way quicker recovery...........

andrew heywood said:
This is the best upgrade.............the stock suspension kinda has a weird roll to it going fast in corners...........handles pretty good........with what you'r doin is gunna be a whole new ball game, followin the terrain with way more response and way quicker recovery...........
This is just the starting point. Next spring after we get it on the track we will see if we want to change the shocks and/or make other mods to the springs,leafs,control arms...... The shop I'm dealing with has never worked on a street car/truck before. They only work on race cars. When I took my truck there the owner was excited to do the project and he got his camera out to take pics of the truck and the motor. I was pretty jazzed that someone who works on Trans Am cars was impressed with my truck.

WOW!!!..............:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock:

TNVIPER said:
Yeah..with your mod list you could have had a viper..but...aint it worth more than a Viper to see the look on some Vette owner's face when a big red brick is pulling on him in the twisties..;)
Thats why I'm doing this. I have the power to play with the Vettes and soon will have the handling.

Drove a couple SRT 10 Rams on the autocross track at VOI 8 at the Dallas Speedway. Pretty impressive for a heavy stock truck. The RCs are a sport truck and should respond well to your mods. It was tons of fun to drive the trucks in Dallas so I expect you are going to have a blast.

On a side note, I took a Bondurant high performance course down at Firebird years ago. We were driving some pretty nice Mustang GTs. Some guys from corporate Ford were driving Lightnings there and I was impressed by those.

HV SRT said:

Have you tried upgrading all the bushings yet?

Thats supposed to do wonders.

Im finally getting to mine. Next week is the plan-got the lift all ready rented.

I may be biting off more than i can chew but well see.

SHU

Do you mean the bushing on the sway bars? I did change the rear ones but could not find any for the front bar. The 06's have a bigger front swaybar than the 04's and 05's.

you think if i swapped out the front swaybar of mine with one off of an 06 it would make a noticeable difference:dontknow:

Hey Shu-dog I just saw you are in Reno. I will be there Oct. 2nd thur the 4th on a "business" trip. Maybe we could hook up for drink.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back