Swapping a Regular Cab for a Quad Cab

enforcer17 said:
I had a chance to drive a QC today and I was not thrilled when I was done. The beautiful thing about the RC is that its like a sports car in truck form, but the QC is more truck than sport.

I stopped by the local Chrysler and test drove a Challenger SRT8, that might be the choice going forward, just need to sell mine first (they want to give me $18000 for mine, what a joke).

You pretty much nailed it... QC is more truck than sport and the RC (I've never driven one, but I've had two Gen 2 L's) has to be much more like a sports car with a 6' bed.

If the QC didn't have a tune, then you would not be impressed at all. Some of these guys on here say that a bone stock QC runs mid-13s... uh no way. Maybe at ATCO or Englishtown with a -2000' DA and downhill and a hurricane gusting behind them.:p

But a tune on a QC does a lot more than a tune on an RC, and it is a significant improvement, and you'd probably be more impressed with something like that.

That being said, any of the SRT8 line would crush a stock QC. I had a 300C SRT8 I sold before I bought my QC. With just a tune and CAI it was a high-12 second machine. Ran good.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back