swaybar question

SRT2SLOW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just got a rc rear sway bar and its bolts right up to the shock mounts ...but where do i screw in the brackets for the endlinks on the frame ...can anyone with a rc take a picture of your rear sway bar so can see.....thanks

you have to fab a bracket up for the qc's to make it work , its a simple bracket, or you can see if dodge actually offers it, but it wil need welding on

yea but has that been proven? is the RC's swaybar stiffer or something?

Has anyone done this with the factory RC bar ---Would like to see pics...and hear the results....would a stifer sway bar be needed due to the heavier weight of the QC????

Ahh didn't even know the QC didn't have a rear sway bar....so adding one should reduce roll right?

I beleive that is correct......

Yeah we got screwed on that as well! No pinion shock snubbed either, no tranny worth a shiat etc. It should mist definately help as I tried removing my front for better 60s and #1 it didn't help and #2 it handles turns like a short bus. Add it and spread the results!!

SRT2SLOW said:
i will let you know in a few....on my way to get the brackets for the end links welded....

Cool ,, Take pictures lots of pictures and post up:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

man what a difference....i ended up drilling one more hole for the sway bar bracket and use some grade 8 bolts .... the truck feels alot better now... its a straight bolt on minus the drilling of one bolt....the best 100 bucks i ever spent...now i am definitely getting the poly bushings and sinkers drop kit.....

SRT2SLOW said:
man what a difference....i ended up drilling one more hole for the sway bar bracket and use some grade 8 bolts .... the truck feels alot better now... its a straight bolt on minus the drilling of one bolt....the best 100 bucks i ever spent...now i am definitely getting the poly bushings and sinkers drop kit.....

Glad to hear it.....some of my high speed lane changes have scared the shit out of me....don't think it corners that bad but know it could be better...thanks for info.

Glad to see you liked it! Post up some pics of the piece welded and everything if you can please....Where did you get your swaybar from?

Troy's QC SRT said:
Glad to see you liked it! Post up some pics of the piece welded and everything if you can please....Where did you get your swaybar from?
:dito: :dito:

wow this post just made my day, had a set for my rumble bee that wouldn't work cause of the 4wheel drive, was kickin myself for spendin 500 for nothin an about to just gonna give them to someone but now i got something to do today

Guys, be careful putting a rear swaybar on the QC's or a stiffer one on the RC's. A stiffer rear bar will make the truck tend to oversteer. So, if you already have the rear end coming around at speed, a stiffer bar will make it much worse. It sounds counter intuitive I know, but you stiffen the opposite end that you want to stick better.

If you don't believe it, just unbolt your front bar and then go around a curve that you usually can just barely take without the rear end washing out. With the front bar unbolted, the truck will swap ends on that same curve.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back