T56 advice needed

N/A86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm adam.

**Edited by caveman**

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Adam, welcome to the VTCoA!

i don't want to be part of your community, I just want to sell my stuff and leave.

i don't want to be part of your community, I just want to sell my stuff and leave.

Because you've already established credibility with the guys who frequent the site...

Go ahead guys! He just wants to "sell" his shit and leave... :pcguru:

they changed my post to that... I said something completely different

lol really it says you got a hemi under my name now too.... at least you guys can have fun lol

so can you tell me what its worth at least? I cant find anything to base it off online... there few and far between

so what if I don't have a ram10?

Many of us here don't have SRT10's either. You are still welcome to hang around. It says "you got a Hemi" on all new peoples profiles. It's not exclusive to you. Your first post seemed a lot like you were trying to sell your transmission here. Anyway, props for sticking around this long. VPRPWRD will be checking posts in the morning and he'll be able to tell you what your transmission is worth.

Where did you get it?

when i lived in detroit i got it from a mechanic at gm's testing plant next door to the heritadge museum... he got it from a friend who worked for chrysler.. origonaly he was gonna swap it in his f body but must have realized what a pain it was... i traded him a complete "lq4" 6.0, and a 4l85 trans for it..planning on using it in my camaro, and now realize how much of a bitch it is too.

he said " it was only used for break in's on the dyno, and has less than 1,000 miles" the way it looks and how honest the dude was.. i belive that to be true.

i know an fbody t56 goes for anywhere from 800-1500... no clue on this... plus i got the bell housing, new TB, Hurst shifter... and the yoke.. so yeah... no idea if i should continue and change out inputshaft, bell housing, tail housing, VVT too gm, the shifters 3in to far forward for me, no aftermarket crossmembers and im no fabricator.. custom drive shaft, wich TB to use with the gm clutch... yada yada yada... if its worth good money, ill dump it and have an fbody trans built..

Last edited:
We did have a little fun at your expense. The transmission is worth at least $2k, probably closer to $2500 with the additional parts you have with it.

You are correct, the swap would be time consuming and it would be easier to have your current transmission built.

You should stick around because you seem like you would fit in. You don't have to make 50 posts about the trucks, just post random stuff here:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f61/2006-pontiac-gto-61558/

thanks, and if I could get that, I will sell it lol.... and its cool, at least u guys can have a little fun

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back