tail ..bulbs

fast fred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have looked at all the stores in my area no one has the 3157 super-hyper whites-silverstarrs for the tail lights for my truck...i even went on line to parts america .com and they said they don't have them for dodge trucK(#3157) can some one tell me where to get them ????...i have the smoked tails and need a brighter bulb for the tails.... thanks fred

Last edited:
Could you use a led bulb back there, it sure would brighten them up!

Last edited:
greatone61 said:
Could you use a led bulb back their, it sure would brighten them up!
now thats a good idea ....can you tell me where to get them for our trucks..??? i have talked to a lot of parts stores and can't find a briter bulb of eney type that fits the dodge ram trucks....thanks fred

aney help i'm still looking...most places carry replacement lights for the tails..(.but not a brighter light).there was others that bought smoked tails,what did they use??does some one know???thanks fred

damm....no luck at partsamerica....i called them and the rep told me they only carry the replacement bulbs (3157) and not the brighter ones..i can't beleave this there has to be some one that carrys the brite(3157)for the dodge ram truck..they had them for ford & g m ..but not for dodge?? whats up with this???

i'm still looking (3 days now) and have not found a brighter blub for the 2005dodge ram...ENEY HELP???i have checked all the stores in my area...checked most of the on line stores that i know of, maybe there is some i don't know of??? ...there was a lot of trucks out there with smoked tails where did they get there blubs??.......maybe some one could chime in on this please...thanks fred

I some them today in Autozone, 3057s, Silverstars.

Bone said:
I some them today in Autozone, 3057s, Silverstars.
i went to autozone on friday and yes they have the silverstars but they are not munch briter thay the stock ones..i'm trying to get the 3157 superwhite brite sliverstars they are 2x briter than stock..and they told me they could not get them for me...they do have them for the ford and G M's ...i said whats up with that he just smiled...but thanks for trying to help....fred

fast fred said:
B I N G O---- i just found them at stylinconcepts $239.55 with shipping ..i went with the L E D's..the phone rep told me thay are 200% briter than stock ..thank all you out there for the help.....agin thanks fred:rock:

Damn, I'm good...time for a beer....RAOTFLMAO!!!!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Which ones did you go with, do you have part #'s?
i went with the red L E D's that are 200% brighter than stock that fit 3157 dodge ram and that was all i got at the time... i called back to get the part # but they where gone already:dontknow: but when they get here i will post the part #. :rock: i'll tell ya they are about the only place that carry them...

fast fred said:
i went with the red L E D's that are 200% brighter than stock that fit 3157 dodge ram and that was all i got at the time... i called back to get the part # but they where gone already:dontknow: but when they get here i will post the part #. :rock: i'll tell ya they are about the only place that carry them...

I might get some for my truck as well, so plase do post the part number for the ones you ended up with. Is the price you posted ($239) correct? I searched and couldn't find any near that price.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back