Tail lights, the actual light.

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a lamp out and it is my right rear brake light. It's not out all the time, but the last 2 days it has been on everytime I hit the brakes or use the right turn signal. So I guess I need to replace the light but I was thinking of getting some brighter bulbs. I don't want a whole new tail light assembly, just some new brighter bulbs. Anyone got a recommendation?

Smoke

Edit: My problem is different then I originally thought. The right side lights are on, but dim. Both red bulbs on the right side are dimmer then the left side bulbs. Any help?

Last edited:
i went with stylin concepts led taillights but they were high, they do look cool though so they might be good for 10hp worth of bling

FlyingLow said:
I have a lamp out and it is my right rear brake light. It's not out all the time, but the last 2 days it has been on everytime I hit the brakes or use the right turn signal. So I guess I need to replace the light but I was thinking of getting some brighter bulbs. I don't want a whole new tail light assembly, just some new brighter bulbs. Anyone got a recommendation?

Smoke

Hello Smoke,

Here is a list I had copied from someone? It might help. I have some of these on my truck and they are an improvement over the factory installed.

High & low beam headlamp
9007LL
9007ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen
9007XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9007CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade

Parking light
4157NALL
4157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting

Front turn signal
4157NALL
4157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting

Rear turn signal
3057LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade
9006LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade Lasts one and a half times longer

License plate

Back up light

Map light
194LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp
212-2

Dome light

Trunk/Cargo area

Under hood light

Hey Joe are those all Silverstars? I have Silverstar headlights and fog lights.

eddie102870 said:
i went with stylin concepts led taillights but they were high, they do look cool though so they might be good for 10hp worth of bling

By high do you mean price?

FlyingLow said:
With the tails lights you have, are the reverse lights led also?
The reverse light is not LED, however, I have a backup lighting system with two halogens at the hitch. I can post a pic if you like.

Bone said:
The reverse light is not LED, however, I have a backup lighting system with two halogens at the hitch. I can post a pic if you like.

I saw a pic on you other thread. I was wonder what those lights were on the side of the trailer hitch. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the cash on a whole new light assembly or just put in new bulbs.

FlyingLow said:
I saw a pic on you other thread. I was wonder what those lights were on the side of the trailer hitch. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the cash on a whole new light assembly or just put in new bulbs.
Unfortunately, the guy who sold those to me, got forced out of selling them by a larger company. His weren't too expensive (around 69 bucks?). I like them since I can use them when the truck is off too. It has a manual switch to turn them on/off also. The thought has crossed my mind to put the switch in the dash for anyone highbeaming me from the rear....lol.

FlyingLow said:
How many lights are in the stock assembly? 2 Red and 1 white?
I believe there are three lights, yes. I have them somewhere in the garage if you want me to check.

Bone said:
I believe there are three lights, yes. I have them somewhere in the garage if you want me to check.

I will just check my truck later when I go to lunch. But thanks for the offer.

My problem is different then I originally thought. The right side lights are on, but dim. Both red bulbs on the right side are dimmer then the left side bulbs. Any help?

A Ground sure could be the problem. I’m not sure where all the grounds are located but didn’t you have some body work done at some point I wonder if they might have left a ground loose or even off completely? I would start looking around under the hood area around the head lights, finder areas and do the wiggle test. Normally they are a green wire and bolted to places like core supports, inner fenders panels, and truck frame also check the rear area under the truck like the hitch area. They can be numerous and in a lot of different places.

Smokin Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back