Taking the Plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbit1445

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am seriously considering getting a Silver 2004 RC that is for sale in my area. The truck has 55,000 miles and I would be using this as my daily driver. I have been reading up on all the changes througout the years and the 04 seems to be plenty of truck for me. The truck is all stock, seems to be in prestine condition and the owner is asking 17,500. I am looking for any advice or suggestions from everyone here, especially for those of you who use your SRT as a daily driver. Also, does a truck in this condition with the amount of miles it has seem to be pretty cosistent with the prices you guys have seen?
Thanks for the help!

05 rc, 97k miles...i wouldn't think twice about buying another one knowing what i know now...

if i were going to sell mine, i'd ask $19,500, but only because i've spent about $5k on recent mods:D

if it were stock, i'd ask $16,500, so i think that's a fair sell price...

Seems like a great price to me! I would get it quik before it gets gone!

I just got mine 3 weeks ago, and absolutely love it. I would just say if it's a daily driver the gas will get expensive, but well worth it everytime you hit the gas. :)

I just got mine 3 weeks ago, and absolutely love it. I would just say if it's a daily driver the gas will get expensive, but well worth it everytime you hit the gas. :)

My 10 gets better MPG than my DD, but i need a truck for work.

I say jump on it, sounds like a fair price as long as it is in the condition as advertised. u will never look back, unless ur dan:p

Thanks for the info everyone. Do the 04's seem to get any better mpg than the 05-06's with the different rear end? Seems there are mixed reviews from several I have spoken to. What are you guys getting? My DD is terrible as it is right now so I don't see the 10 being much worse...

If your asking about gas mileage, you need to be looking at a different truck.
My 06 RC is anywhere from 8-13 city, and around 15 hwy

i agree, with those numbers. the RC gets better MPG than the QC. but with that amount of power, the mpg really depends on how u drive it.

when iu bought my 06 rc. it was 160 mi of interstate home. at 75 mph, when i got hokmethe truck said i averaged 17.4 mpg. that was bone stock, and i got on it a couple times

my DD is a big truck and it averages less than 10 mpg, and i have a 44mile commute every day:mad:

I think it will really depend on you driving style, and if your DD is interstate or city driving. My guess is that the '04 might be better at highway driving, and 06 is "better" in the city. When I got my '04 I was running right under 1500 rpms at 70mph and got right at 18mpg on the trip computer on the way home on a 300 mile trip. When I started my normal DD it dropped to 10.5 with some spirited driving. Of course this is for the reg. cab. Again, just my observations in ownership of 3 weeks.

I think it will really depend on you driving style, and if your DD is interstate or city driving. My guess is that the '04 might be better at highway driving, and 06 is "better" in the city. When I got my '04 I was running right under 1500 rpms at 70mph and got right at 18mpg on the trip computer on the way home on a 300 mile trip. When I started my normal DD it dropped to 10.5 with some spirited driving. Of course this is for the reg. cab. Again, just my observations in ownership of 3 weeks.

same here.....6th gear:congrats:

^^^^Agree^^^^ If you are worried about fuel economy or the cost of upkeep, then this is not the truck for you. If you can afford it, you will not regret having one of these awesome trucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back