tapped for deployment...storage advice

studerman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My number is up for deployment and I am looking at placing the truck in storage. What steps/precautions should I take to ensure the truck is set up for success upon my return. Time of storage is no less than 6, no more than 12.... So I will look at worse case scenario and say 12 months...any advice would be appreciative.

Bro I bet you don't have anything I haven't installed already unless your talking about FI stuff. But I know who they are but don't personally know any of them. I'm in 1/3 AVN

think all of us could use the $$$ lol

I got SRE pre deployment sh!t from 11june-18june so im one step closer to my deployment

Nice...I did osut here in 1995...and 12 or so years as 11b. Then went over to the dark side... Figured I would take a Vacation now...lol...too humid here

Actually body did get worn out, my, at the time PSG, left my squad in ambush and refused to bring the mounted guns up to suppress for fear of being shot.... I decided I could not work for a "leader" of that caliber. So I put myself in a position to lead and not worry about weakminded individuals.

Troy,

Man you do have a list of mods...and yep you have done it all... I want the shift kit, oil catch can, free flow induction system, JTSVP hood and rear valance (when completed), headers back exhaust system, HID's upgrade, stainless steel upgrades, remove badging and change out ram head for viper badging, wires, and actually getting in dyno'd, and I want to tighten up the suspension, it feels like it rides alittle loose for my taste.

Have the SCT by Torrie, but want it tuned perfectly.

Last edited:
My number is up for deployment and I am looking at placing the truck in storage. What steps/precautions should I take to ensure the truck is set up for success upon my return. Time of storage is no less than 6, no more than 12.... So I will look at worse case scenario and say 12 months...any advice would be appreciative.

get a trickle charger for the battery, put the truck up on stands so not to flat spot the tires, coat all underside with lubricant, cover with a breatheable cover
dont change the oil , becuase you will need to do that when you return

What type of lubricant do I use? While I do the trickle charge do I disconnect battery from the truck?
The good news is that I will be able to do some more shopping....yea....

What type of lubricant do I use? While I do the trickle charge do I disconnect battery from the truck?
The good news is that I will be able to do some more shopping....yea....

jsut soak the suspension parts with a lube such as teflon of some sort something that will stay around for a bit, the trickle charger, you can leave the battery connected, that way the system should stay fresh

Sorry Tony, but I would take the battery right out! And charge it ! If it leaks during that time it will peal the paint and rust up everything under it! Get it off it's rubber . No sunlight on the rubber ! Even remove air if possible. Cover the paint!! Change the oil when you get back!

Sorry Tony, but I would take the battery right out! And charge it ! If it leaks during that time it will peal the paint and rust up everything under it! Get it off it's rubber . No sunlight on the rubber ! Even remove air if possible. Cover the paint!! Change the oil when you get back!

true, does depend on how long he will be gone for sure man, didnt think of that, he did say it may be a year or so, still tho he can yank it , and keep the charger on the battery to keep it fresh, at least that way he dont have to purchase one when he returns

i have a building thats gated you can store it in if your interested. will even fire it up for ya and keep the flat spots off the tires for you in Eufaula,AL. my sons Hummer H3 has been in it while he was on deployment and we keep our boats there all winter.

i have a building thats gated you can store it in if your interested. will even fire it up for ya and keep the flat spots off the tires for you in Eufaula,AL. my sons Hummer H3 has been in it while he was on deployment and we keep our boats there all winter.

Now thats LOVE man. Glad to see there is still troops out there willing to help!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back