Test Drove an SRT-10

PhatPharmacist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm new to the forum and have yet to find the perftect 10 for me. I've got lots of info from the site so far. Today I test drove one that was pretty darn close. As far as color goes I have been looking at red ones as my first choice, but after seeing a mineral grey one in person I think it is great color too. So, I'm trying to decide on what I want since there are a couple nice '05 Red ones that I have looked at, and now this '06 grey one with most options. My bank has me good to go on an '05 with about 4k miles and most options selling for $34k, but not 100% sure yet. So, I'm try to think of what would be a good deal on the '06 that would make pass on the '05?

Red would be the right color

PhatPharmacist said:
Well, I'm new to the forum and have yet to find the perftect 10 for me. I've got lots of info from the site so far. Today I test drove one that was pretty darn close. As far as color goes I have been looking at red ones as my first choice, but after seeing a mineral grey one in person I think it is great color too. So, I'm trying to decide on what I want since there are a couple nice '05 Red ones that I have looked at, and now this '06 grey one with most options. My bank has me good to go on an '05 with about 4k miles and most options selling for $34k, but not 100% sure yet. So, I'm try to think of what would be a good deal on the '06 that would make pass on the '05?

I'VE GOT AN 06 MINERAL GREY WITH NAVIGATION-SIRIOUS RADIO-REAR DEFROST-SUPPLEMENTAL SIDE AIRBAGS-AUTOMATIC DIM REARVIEW MIRROR WITH HANDS FREE-BASICALLY MOST ALL OPTIONS FOR A REGULAR CAB THAT CAN BE BOUGHT-

JUST TURNED 5000 MILES- HAS THE 7/85,OOO MILE MAX CARE WARRANTY THROUGH THE DEALERSHIP AS WELL AS 2 YEARS OIL CHANGE THAT WOULD BE PRICED IN YOUR BALLPARK- PM ME IF INTERESTED

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with find one. My suggest...get a red it is the best. :)

DRamSrt10 said:
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with find one. My suggest...get a red it is the best. :)

hell ya man :rock::rock: the scoop is the 05's are the easiest to come by
for parts.. but the 06's are the most rare as some i don't think matched
the final production numbers :dontknow: and the 04's well.. there the 04's
if you want a rare 04' look for the RC pacer trucks... auto tranny in an RC! :rock:

Sharpi

Found a nice '05 at the local Carmax. It is red, has 5k miles. Extra options include, bed cover, bed liner, and sunroof. Overall body is in great condition, a few small scratches that may buff out, some curb rash on one of the rear rims, but I can live with that (just gives me a good reason to get some chromies ;). Interior looks like new, runs great and sounds great. :) Price is $34k, which seems on par with what is on the market that I have seen. The salesman speaks highly of the Carmax extended warranty, which for this vehicle would last for another 6 years or 90k miles. So, I think I'll finish up the deal in the morning, and might get a a friend that works at a performance shop to do a little inspection, since he used to work for Dodge as their main Viper mechanic.

One question, is what do you think about an extended warranty? Go with Dodge, Carmax, or another company that you may know of? Being an '05 not much warranty left, even though their is so little miles on it. I don't plan to do aggressive performance mods, so I just want a good bumper to bumper warranty for at least 3 more years. Any feedback on the Carmax warranties or others?

Will post pics as soon as I get it home.:rock:

i would check on a chrysler service contract... be careful on the aftermarket warranties. they have a phrase in their contract called "like in kind" it means used parts. ie. you tranny goes at 75k they can find a used tranny and install it in your truck. chrysler service contracts only use chrysler parts, new or reman. call or email me. I can sell you a chrysler service contract.. at a great price!

Red is a nice choice, although they are still avalible because the faster and better looking color BLACK are all long gone. :)

As long as it is and SRT it's all good!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back