Test drove one and it didn't help

Ugghhh...I'm rather new here myself and previously owned a Jeep SRT, in addition to some other rather bitchin' rides...

I got the QC because I'm a Family Guy (not quite as fat as Peter Griffin, but anyway)...I always wanted a Viper, but we're not at the point where having one is feasible, so add that motor, with family seating, and tow capacity if I need it and after a test ride it was a no brainer. It's different than the Jeep SRT, there's no two ways about...

I'm not sure what you're looking for from the VTCOA, but we can't tell what's right for you, only you can. What happens if you end up buying it and not liking it, are you gonna blame us for talking you into it? :dontknow:

Just stop dicking around.Buy one or move on.Should not need convincing on these bad ass rides.Have never owned a car/truck that gets the attention my 10 gets.yeah there are rides out there faster,more comfy,less $$$ but nothing beats a srt10 ram R/C or Q/C!!!!! IMHO

You can buy mine for 27,000. Already got all the good stuff on it. Headers,magnaflow,lowered,Stage II PCM,spray-in bedliner,cal-tracs,4.56 gears,11.5 rear rims with 325's and 10.5 front rims,drilled calipers front and rear,K&N,Chrome intake,powder coated valve covers, radiator pipes,fuse cover and radiator cover,Pistol grip shifter,billet a/c and radio knobs,billet speaker surrounds in door,stainless sill plate covers. 11.5 mpg city - 18.6 hwy. 13.40@106 mph.

Last edited:
jesus ,just go away already,this is a waste of bandwidth,all ur gonna do is bitch about the truck from the day u buy it until the day u sell it,go buy a cobra and stop posting this childish crap

See? I told you in your first post that your need to be persuaded was doomed to fail..Now your just being annoying..No one really cares if you buy a truck or not..If you want to stick around thats great..ownership is not a prereq for being a member here..Heres a thought..save your money and mod the Jeep?..since you are rather unimpressed with the truck..

I think Prof nailed it pretty good. There is a PASSION here. Hell I know people who belong to a Fiero Club. (Yikes). There are plenty of good reasons to own this vehicle and just as many, maybe, not too. My 05 RC is bone stock, has 3500 miles and the tires still have the wiskers. For me, it's like an ice cream treat , when I back her out of the garage on a cool Sunday morning and blast down to the beach, there is nothing more satisfying!! It offers a "retro",.......... think 60's, sort of feel. This website has introduced me to others who obviuosly share the same PASSION in one form or another. It is a "support" group for our legal addiction. It's a way to share the Passion with other like minded individuals. Nothing says "politically correct........NOT"..... like these trucks. Yes, there are faster vehicles, but if speed is all you desire, join NASA!:p I would guess these trucks are like a fine wine, or an aged cognac, much an aquired taste. If reason is what you are looking for , forget it. There are people who would say.." geez, 200,000+ dollars for a Ferrari, or a Porsche or a Lambo, and you can only put two people in it"..... It's all a matter of prospective...... How about some one who spends 1000 dollars on an Armani suit (NYsteve)? Hey, it's just clothes. .... I would say to you... "find YOUR passion" and go with it, if it happens to be this truck, great, if not keep up your search, but never forget that burn in your belly, that, my son, is PASSION"

PS.. sorry, I claimed my truck was "bone" stock. I have a K&N air filter and a Mopar Borla exhaust. I don't want to be misleading.

Last edited:
The problem is the size of the truck. People often said that they just didn't have that seat of the pants feel. I can get in a small car that is low to the ground and it feels like we are going fast we in reality it is not. Do this, go back to the dealer and ask for another test drive. Have your wife meet you with the GC and do a roll from 30. It might not seem fast, but it is fast.

I think the problem is perspective. You're used to driving a different type of vehicle. Re-read what FlyingLow posted. He's 100% correct.

This is a FULL SIZE, RWD pickup truck.

It's incredibly non-aerodynamic, and has a squirrely back end.
As such, it will handle and react differently than the other vehicles you've driven.

It's not AWD like the Sy or the GC SRT-8.
It will wiggle it's ass much quicker than the CTS-V or Saleen.

The SRT-10 has looks that don't stop.
(The GC comes close, but until someone comes out with a lowering kit to drop it's 'monster truck' stance, it will remain in 2nd place.)

EXAMPLE: Keith and I recently took a bunch of old brake rotors to the recycling yard. It was a rainy, crappy day and silly me thought they'd have the lot all nicely paved. Nope. It was pure mud, 2-3" deep. Thankfully I had 300 lbs. of rotors in the back! LOL
With careful driving, I made it to the "rotor pile", and we began to unload. I hadn't gotten the first rotor out when a guy came up to me asking about the truck. "How many horsepower?", "Are those the stock wheels?", etc.
By the time we had emptied the bed, there were 8-10 guys gathered around the truck. Even one of the front loader guys stopped what he was doing and climbed down to take a look.
I'm happy to help out, so I popped the hood. The sound they made was like the ending of a bukakke video clip.
After a few minutes I got back in and prayed to the traction gods that I could get out of there. Again, with careful driving, I made it back to 'land'. As we were walking over to the 'pay me, bitch' booth, one of the workers came over and said, "That's a great truck. I had to come out and take a look at it myself. It's all over the radio."

That won't happen, ever, in any of the rides you listed.

JoeMags- I'm sorry that you had to read that. I'm sure that with proper therapy, you'll be able to block that dirty story from your conscious. :D

yeah, those other cars are fast too. But remember this is a 5200 pound truck. they are fun to drive, not the fastest but for the size they are good.

Listen to DaveT...buy bikertat's truck!!!!

Hi all...thank you for your posts. By no means am I trying to be a dick and have the most respect for these trucks and have for a long time. It's hard to fully get ones tone from a post and mine was not meant at all to put your awesome trucks down! I think some of you nailed it on the head and that is perspective. I think I've learned it's just a big truck that's higher off the ground that most fast cars i have owned so in reality it is fast but might not have the same seat-of-the-pants feel....know what i mean. Again, I will most likely buy the one I drove yesterday testing it again under better weather conditions and an understanding of what I have learned from my last couple of posts. Sorry if i came across as a douche, was not my intent. Just looking to learn!

Thanks!

With just a rear cat delete and a sct tune the truck will feel like a beast. Traction will be a problem. The '05 you test drove might have had old or bad gas in it. The '05 and '06's have knock sensors that will pull back timing. The weather does play a big part in performance also.

sy1616 said:
I do hear you all and do love the truck but again, just not as wowed by the power of this particular truck. Let me drive another and balance it all. As far as going on to another car, that ok but there's not much out there for sub $25k for a weekend fun car. I'm going back tomorrow to try it again in better weathr this time! No offense guys, I totally respect these beasts and want to become a helpful member here....thanks!

My dad has a GCSRT8 and the launch you get from that thing is crazy compared to the SRT-10. If you are comparing the SRT-10 to the GC is not a fair comparison. The 10 is much bigger. 4712 lbs.for a GC Vs. 5572 lbs. for a QC 5150 lbs. for a RC.

Like others have said it's up to you. Just look at the ten for what it is, a SRT-10. It's fast and it looks good and there are not many of them around. Maybe the one you drove is just tired, sounds like the clutch has seen better days, could have been slipping.

Kevan said:
... took a bunch of old brake rotors to the recycling yard.

In your truck:dontknow: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

It was a rainy, crappy day and silly me thought they'd have the lot all nicely paved. Nope. It was pure mud, 2-3" deep. Thankfully I had 300 lbs. of rotors in the back! LOL

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

...a bukakke video clip.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

After a few minutes I got back in and prayed to the traction gods that I could get out of there. Again, with careful driving, I made it back to 'land'. QUOTE]

Let me help ya with that, Roy....
Kevan said:
... took a bunch of old brake rotors to the recycling yard.
In your truck:dontknow: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Kevan said:
It was a rainy, crappy day and silly me thought they'd have the lot all nicely paved. Nope. It was pure mud, 2-3" deep. Thankfully I had 300 lbs. of rotors in the back! LOL

Kevan said:
...a bukakke video clip.

Kevan said:
After a few minutes I got back in and prayed to the traction gods that I could get out of there. Again, with careful driving, I made it back to 'land'.

sy1616 said:
OK, I prev. posted that I want to buy an 04 or 05 RC in red or black. Looked at a few this week including an 05 with 18k miles in red last night. Truck looked new inside and out with four new Dunlop tires, stock other than the K&N cone intake. So it starts (my wife btw is with me and all for getting one as a weekend fun truck). Dealer throws me the keys and says have fun. I pull out slowly and once past the dealership I nail it in second gear....ok, what's everyone talking about. My wife looks at me and immediately says "I thought you said this this was fast"...and I have to agree, it's no neon of course but it's certainly not what I expected. My SRT8 GC is much quicker feeling (seat of the paints feel), as was my CTS-V and '04 Saleen. Took it on the highway and nailed it from 60 in third and yes, that was nice, but again not overwhelming. Am I missing something? :dontknow: Had the thing been quick feeling like the one I drove last year it would be in my garage right now. I love the look, in minty fresh shape, mint interior, sold by a dealer (orig seller), all for $22,990 but I think I can get them to 22K even. What to do? Granted the temp was 90 and it was about to rain (thus 100% humidity). Do these things feel sluggish in those conditions? It felt like 75% power. Idle was fine but not Lexus like, but that seems to be normal with these right? Clutch pedal also grabbed ~2" from the top...higher than I like...that normal?

Help please, I still want it but not feeling it 100%.

Thanks,

hey SY,, bring ya fanny and ya wifes fanny(especially if its sexy:p ) down to the carolinas,let me give you a ride in mine:burnout:

i think my black rc will change ya mind:p :p :p :p :D
Twin turbo and alot of romp:D :D :D

but your right, stock against a car, they dont feel like much, but go drive a few trucks then try again.
or even a msutang or two:D

I've had my truck for almost 2 years, and sometimes when I get it it feels like somebody turned the power to half, that happens a lot when its hot or muggy...... but let me say this my truck is completely stock:mad: ......

NOW ON THE OTHER HAND, when its cool 65-70 deg, its a diffrent story:rock: ....

I've always wanted on of the trucks from the 90's ( 454ss, gen1 lighting, syclone, typhoun, and even the gen2 lighting ) I know the gen 2 aint from the 90's but I still wanted one :D

allthough I never owned any of these trucks someone in my family has, and everyone had has work done to the motors of each and ever one....

NOW I have to admit the closest thing to the srt-10 is the "syclone & gen 2 lighting" I mean with just a few mods the syclone was a rocket and the gen 2 lighting are too:congrats:

BUT lets compear apples to apples and oranges to oranges:D

brand new off the showroom floors with no mods to any of them what did the gen 2 lightings run @very best 14.0s
and the SYCLONES they were a little better maybe 13.80's
now i'll give credit were credit is dew, with $4-5k these two trucks aint NO JOKE!!!!:congrats:

BUT look at the SRT-10 RAM with a good driver and even with the topps on the back, and spair tire, and NO MODS these trucks can run 13.20's-13.0's depending on the air , how hot, and were your @!!!
still don't give it any mods take the topp off and the spair tire out..
and just add slicks... come on your busting the hell out of 12.90.s or better:rock: :rock: :rock:

now lets talk sticker, SRT-10 "NEW" SOLD 4 $47-51K AND YOU CAN BUY ONE MINT MINT SHAPE, for $20-24k

In 1990-1992-93 The syclones stickerd for somewere around $28-$32 depending on were ya bought it:D

the gen 2 lightings stickerd for $33-35k and plus the mark ups!!!!!

for the money your stilling the srt-10:dontknow:

but let me say this anything SOMEONE had to convince me to buy always always ended up being the biggest mistakes, I was always sorry i ever seen what ever it was the I bought:mad:

are you sure you don't want the 03-04 COBRA " NOW THATS ONE FAST CAR WITH SOME MODS

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back