Test drove one and it didn't help

The heat soak issue can be resolved for 99 cents and ten minutes of work.

Search for IAT Mod...read and follow Sean Roe's directions.

I say give the truck a try. the heat and humidity probably played a part in it feeling slow. For $2500 you can give it another 50hp and 60tq and it'll feel really strong. Shoot, I hauled a friends queen sized bed yesterday and made him piss himself from the wheels spin and acceleration...while hauling a bed!!! try doing that in a srt8. LOL

you test drove the worlds most powerfull stock production truck out there. You will not find a truck as cool, good looking, or as fun as this beast. If you want something that feels fast, is good on gas, and is fun maybe look into a street bike. 9-10 secs for 12000, just cant be beat. I have both and I prefer my truck for the sunday night cruises and all the attention it gets is just disgusting. like many have said if you buy it, the mod bug bites and its addicting as hell. hopefully you and your girl find what your looking for. just dont go buy a lighting;) j/king:)

The real problem is the fact that you're used to the Syclone's off-the-line acceleration. These trucks don't pull like that.

The Syclone (Stock) is all bottom-end power, but by ~80'ish or so they fall down.

The SRT Ram really starts pulling once in 3rd gear. Definitely waaay better than a stock Syclone or stock Lightning.

With a few mods, the SRT runs much better. A full exhaust, ECM, K&N, and 4.56 gears on my '04 got me almost 112mph in the 1/4. (The 05/06 trucks already have the 4.56 gear)

Syclones will always be devastating in the 1/4 mile, even more so in the 1/8. The SRT relies more on top-end power as it takes quite a bit to get 2.5 tons moving. If your main concern is the 1/4 mile and red light challenges, you should have kept your Sy.;)

Kevan said:
I think the problem is perspective. You're used to driving a different type of vehicle. Re-read what FlyingLow posted. He's 100% correct.

This is a FULL SIZE, RWD pickup truck.

It's incredibly non-aerodynamic, and has a squirrely back end.
As such, it will handle and react differently than the other vehicles you've driven.

It's not AWD like the Sy or the GC SRT-8.
It will wiggle it's ass much quicker than the CTS-V or Saleen.

The SRT-10 has looks that don't stop.
(The GC comes close, but until someone comes out with a lowering kit to drop it's 'monster truck' stance, it will remain in 2nd place.)

EXAMPLE: Keith and I recently took a bunch of old brake rotors to the recycling yard. It was a rainy, crappy day and silly me thought they'd have the lot all nicely paved. Nope. It was pure mud, 2-3" deep. Thankfully I had 300 lbs. of rotors in the back! LOL
With careful driving, I made it to the "rotor pile", and we began to unload. I hadn't gotten the first rotor out when a guy came up to me asking about the truck. "How many horsepower?", "Are those the stock wheels?", etc.
By the time we had emptied the bed, there were 8-10 guys gathered around the truck. Even one of the front loader guys stopped what he was doing and climbed down to take a look.
I'm happy to help out, so I popped the hood. The sound they made was like the ending of a bukakke video clip.
After a few minutes I got back in and prayed to the traction gods that I could get out of there. Again, with careful driving, I made it back to 'land'. As we were walking over to the 'pay me, bitch' booth, one of the workers came over and said, "That's a great truck. I had to come out and take a look at it myself. It's all over the radio."

That won't happen, ever, in any of the rides you listed.

JoeMags- I'm sorry that you had to read that. I'm sure that with proper therapy, you'll be able to block that dirty story from your conscious. :D
I finally caught my breath,...... after deep breathing inside a brown bag.........
and my heart rate has returned to ALMOST normal.... A post like that should come with a warning before reading...., now, where's my paxil?:p brake rotors?? ............MUD...........??? YIKES here I go again.......feeling faint.............
Right now the only thing that may help, is, me firing up the compressor and blowing the dust out of the fender wells, and WD-40 the frame and chassis.....yeah, that'll do it . DIE EVIL FILTH!!!!

Last edited:
I think Kevan needs to do penance for his transgressions above.

Son, you should pull your four wheels, clean the inside of the wheels and all four brake calipers...once daily for 1 week.

Go forth and sin no more!

I still don't think he should get the truck......

Once he's got it in hand, the next thing we'll hear is.....WTF, 120.00 bucks for and GD oil change, I can change the oil in all the other cars I've had for 38 bucks....WTF

Prof said:
I think Kevan needs to do penance for his transgressions above.

Son, you should pull your four wheels, clean the inside of the wheels and all four brake calipers...once daily for 1 week.

Go forth and sin no more!
I just spent 3.5 hours cleaning the wheel wells, by hand. I also did each wheel and tire, by hand.
I'm waiting for the water to dry up in the garage, then I will put on my JoeMags hat and detail the components.
I'm seriously considering pulling each wheel well liner and making sure that ALL the mud is gone.

I'm heading to Florida next week, so anything that remains under the truck should be quickly washed away courtesy of the rain they're getting down there. :)

If you get as far south as Marathon, I will be there with my son from the 16th to the 22nd. Stop by, join us for some fishing...camp in if you wish!

Let me know if you don't have my cell phone.

Would love to see you.

Roy

ViperJeff said:
I still don't think he should get the truck......

Once he's got it in hand, the next thing we'll hear is.....WTF, 120.00 bucks for and GD oil change, I can change the oil in all the other cars I've had for 38 bucks....WTF

$118 for my SRT8 GC too, know it well! ;)

The members bring up good points about what is commonly referred to as "Viper tax".

A set of quality headers will run you easily over $1000 not to mention all the other things with "Viper" attributed to them. Something to think about when you want to start modding the truck...get ready to shell out some serious cash for upgrades.

I've learned this a long time ago but have yet to follow...buy a truck already modded with what you want...its MUCH CHEAPER! This is especially true for anything with "Viper" in the title.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I've learned this a long time ago but have yet to follow...buy a truck already modded with what you want...its MUCH CHEAPER! This is especially true for anything with "Viper" in the title.

I disagree. Buy a truck stock and bite the bullet. It's not terribly expensive to modify these trucks, considering what they are. Buy a cheap car, pay for cheap bolt-ons. If you buy a modified truck to save a few grand you're asking for trouble. Who knows what else you're buying - trouble? Thrashed? Unless it's your twin brother or a friend of 30 years you're better off buying a virgin IMO. That goes for any vehicle.

0.02c ;)

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
The members bring up good points about what is commonly referred to as "Viper tax".

A set of quality headers will run you easily over $1000 not to mention all the other things with "Viper" attributed to them. Something to think about when you want to start modding the truck...get ready to shell out some serious cash for upgrades.

i disagree a whole lot when i went looking for a 10 i made sure it was never moded and had origanal tires on it ,,i think if you get a heavy mod truck used your getting a truck that has been beat ,,,or you might get one with shotie work done on it ...now if you get one from a upstanding member here that takes care of truck then you got a better chance of getting a gem in the rough

Get an R1 and an S-10 and go on your way!!! :D

The RAM SRT-10 is a FRIGGN TRUCK!!!
With a viper motor...:thefinger::rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Today I took 5 people and myself 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and 20-45 in 1+ seconds (roadside radar)...With 4 unmounted tires in the bed and the AC running...

Yep... This truck sucks balls...:dontknow:

The Itch said:
Today I took 5 people and myself 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and 20-45 in 1+ seconds (roadside radar)...With 4 unmounted tires in the bed and the AC running...
Next time, release the parking brake.
:D :D :D

I don't like to floor mine. I get scared, gets all noisy and stuff!! :slug:

serious point here, make sure the gas isnt old. if its been sittin at a dealer for a while i imagine it has old gas in it, unless they beat on it every week.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back