The Other Cars We Love...

Black1 said:
Actually, I've heard of a few folks (on the "Ferrari Life" forum) that do their own maintenance. :dontknow: It would be less than $9k for all the necessary "special" tools (I think there are some special sockets and such, made by Facom, that are required)... and if you have the room in the garage... they say it's actually quite straight forward. :) :dontknow: Plus, they have a chance to "tinker" around with their car, and that's what it's all about anyway. :rock: :D
very true but not me when the engine comes out i leave it to someone else...but you are right some do it them self........try ferrari chat.com its like here... well no where is like this site.....but lots of info on ferraris and do it your self stuff.....

Most of you have seen the first two pics of my Coronet, I am stepping up the H.P. to 675 on pump gas with no power adders and 452 cubic inches. The third and fourth are the Viper from the Pump Gas Drags that ran 8.16 @ 172 mph on pump gas. (car that I would like to own pics)

Well, my first car 68 Mustang. Restored with my own hands, oh and dads hands to. Just sold it a little under 3 years ago.

No pictures but I REALLY liked my 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic as strange as that sounds. If I ever found one like it again I would probably buy it.

Also liked my 97 WS6. There were less than 1K Formula WS6 LT1s built.

Mustang is now in Lansing MI and WS6 in Atlanta GA.

That Viper thing is sort of fun too :D

Attachments

• Image004f.JPG
    Image004f.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PDR_0354.JPG
    PDR_0354.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 17
  • PDR_0356.JPG
    PDR_0356.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 033006.6.jpg
    033006.6.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 090406.1.jpg
    090406.1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 112805.4.jpg
    112805.4.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 112805.2.jpg
    112805.2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 20
JRSVIPR said:
Ooops, Forgot the pic.
just dont show up at pats house in that, u will never live it down :D :D u throw those boots away yet??

Prof said:
My first love has long been this 1997 Volvo 850 R Sport Wagon, the sleeper of all sleepers. I was the original owner, it has nearly 150,000 miles and has never had a major problem. On the Volvo forums it is referred to as "Prof's Brick".

I have flashed the ECM, added a 3 inch IPD Sport Exhuast and Downtube. It has Bilstein shocks and struts all around with M&H lowering springs. I have changed the stock Pirelli P Zero's for GoodYear F1's.

It dynos just over 300 hp at the "front" wheels on five cylinders that are inter-cooled and turbo charged.

This is a "station wagon" that presents real problems for the WRX and EVO crowd...:eek: :eek: :eek::D and there are some Mustang GT's that have limped into parking lots asking "what the hell does that thing have in it? It turns quarters in the mid-13's.

Next is a new T18 turbo, and reversed inter-cooling and probably water/meth to bring the intake temps down as low as possible, and some bling for the engine compartment...I also want to bring the rear end down another inch...but will have to cut the springs to do that.

I love this car...let's see your other rides....

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Hey Prof,I asked the wife to get you some pics of her Toy tomorrow,I think you might fall in love all over again !!!:rock: :rock:

Until then,here are some pics of the other joys of my life !!! First,my '75 D200 Crew Cab w/440 power,and my '69 Dart w/Killer Slant 6 !!

These are my other two rides................. They both go fast.........

The '96 300zx Twin Turbo is hands down the best/most reliable car I've ever owned.. Upgraded turbos coming soon.. will yield 530 rwhp.

These cars are virtually indestructable......

Django

Last edited:
94rt10ohio said:
That Viper thing is sort of fun too :D

Can you help me sort out the hood configurations on Vipers? The smooth hood (sans vents) is very appealing. Somehow it looks much cleaner than the models with all sorts of intake vents...is there a site that shows the year to year changes?

6pakattack said:
Hey Prof,I asked the wife to get you some pics of her Toy tomorrow,I think you might fall in love all over again !!!:rock: :rock:

Dennis...that is one of the most provocative statements I have heard in a long time! I may not be able to sleep tonight!

Here's my favorite car to drive. I really do enjoy driving this Jeep. It has a great combination of power and comfort.

Jeep11.jpg

Jeep9.jpg

Jeep7.jpg

Prof said:
My first love has long been this 1997 Volvo 850 R Sport Wagon, the sleeper of all sleepers. I was the original owner, it has nearly 150,000 miles and has never had a major problem. On the Volvo forums it is referred to as "Prof's Brick".

I have flashed the ECM, added a 3 inch IPD Sport Exhuast and Downtube. It has Bilstein shocks and struts all around with M&H lowering springs. I have changed the stock Pirelli P Zero's for GoodYear F1's.

It dynos just over 300 hp at the "front" wheels on five cylinders that are inter-cooled and turbo charged.

This is a "station wagon" that presents real problems for the WRX and EVO crowd...:eek: :eek: :eek::D and there are some Mustang GT's that have limped into parking lots asking "what the hell does that thing have in it? It turns quarters in the mid-13's.

Next is a new T18 turbo, and reversed inter-cooling and probably water/meth to bring the intake temps down as low as possible, and some bling for the engine compartment...I also want to bring the rear end down another inch...but will have to cut the springs to do that.

I love this car...let's see your other rides....

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

I love it! I love sleepers!

I love my wifes car. It is a nice comfortable ride that gets a lot of looks. The sound system is not too bad either :rock: :rock:

4.jpg

lade002.jpg

Prof said:
Can you help me sort out the hood configurations on Vipers? The smooth hood (sans vents) is very appealing. Somehow it looks much cleaner than the models with all sorts of intake vents...is there a site that shows the year to year changes?

92-95 (1st GEN) all had smooth hoods.

96 GTS models (GEN II) got the vents and scoop. Although the 96 RT/10 was commonly referred to as a GEN 1.5. Slight HP increase, but less than a GEN II, smooth hood, rear exhaust.

The hood is the same dimensions from 92-02 and can be interchanged, but they are way over priced.

I think you share these girls thoughts. I can tell they are looking at the vents wondering, hey not all Vipers have these.

Attachments

• 10282DSC00126.jpg
    10282DSC00126.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
94rt10ohio said:
92-95 (1st GEN) all had smooth hoods.

96 GTS models (GEN II) got the vents and scoop. Although the 96 RT/10 was commonly referred to as a GEN 1.5. Slight HP increase, but less than a GEN II, smooth hood, rear exhaust.

The hood is the same dimensions from 92-02 and can be interchanged, but they are way over priced.

I think you share these girls thoughts. I can tell they are looking at the vents wondering, hey not all Vipers have these.

Wonderful input...that has never been clear in my mind...while I have stringently not allowed any else to wash my Volvo or my SRT 10...this group of washers might have the touch to allow me to relent...to anything they would be willing to do.

Thanks for the info!!!

Roy

Prof said:
Wonderful input...that has never been clear in my mind...while I have stringently not allowed any else to wash my Volvo or my SRT 10...this group of washers might have the touch to allow me to relent...to anything they would be willing to do.

Thanks for the info!!!

Roy

Sorry, not even if they was nekked.

Silverback said:

You are a stubborn man John...but I think that is just internet talk...given the right nude women, the spousal unit's permission, and assurances that they had shaved very closely that very morning...how about then?

Silverback said:

When I was in college there was a topless car wash not to far from me. Being curious I did have to get my Firebird washed. You know, concerned citizen, wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up.

Prof said:
Dennis...that is one of the most provocative statements I have heard in a long time! I may not be able to sleep tonight!

Just don't go getting any stains on the seat,then you'll have to deal with HER !!!!Here's the pics I thought you might enjoy !!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back