The Perfect Throttle Body

here is the latest responce from BBK via email,
Hello Carl,
As of right now, we are waiting on a linkage from one of our distributors.
As soon as that comes in, we can work out the final kinks and release the
part. We are looking at about 8-12 weeks. I'll take your information down
and email you once the part is ready.

Priscilla Welton
Order Desk
BBK Performance
P: 951-296-1771 ext 202
F: 951-296-9024
www.bbkperformance.com
[mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 8:29 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Fwd: TB 1776]

update: waiting to test part, release approx 2-3 months. if he's local,and
has a stock vehcile, we'd might use his car?

howdy,
just checkin in again & checkin on ya'll's TB for the Viper Trucks to see
if a release date is available yet.

I sure hope this is not a forgot project. I know the sales won't match the
"new" Camaro sales, but should be very good for the Viper Truck market,
judging from the response from folks that would get them as soon as they
are available & we have had several "false" starts, lol.

Thanks,
Carl

Carl. a pm to you

quote""
carl you should send a pm to cherry performance for better service on the dual blade throttle bodies they are about to produce,
thanks JTSVP"" quote

i can do that:rock: :rock: :rock:

Hello Carl,
I just wanted to let you know that our twin throttle body for the 04-06 Dodge Ram will be ready to ship shortly. If you would like to make a purchase, please refer to our dealer locater link on the bbk website. Thanks for your patience.
Priscilla Welton
Order Desk
BBK Performance
P: 951-296-1771 ext 202
F: 951-296-9024
www.bbkperformance.com

maybe?????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :rock: :rock: :rock:

First off I would like to apologize to the folks who have waited so long for this.
The design is good and we had good initial results on the Viper. We did encounter some linkage issues that have never been resolved. We have made them work.

As far as the truck goes, I have no delivery date. Just a continued 8-10 week response (for the last 6 months).

Thanks for the update from your side!

DC Performance said:
First off I would like to apologize to the folks who have waited so long for this.
The design is good and we had good initial results on the Viper. We did encounter some linkage issues that have never been resolved. We have made them work.

As far as the truck goes, I have no delivery date. Just a continued 8-10 week response (for the last 6 months).

Here's the latest:
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:24 AM
To: 'Harold Dahlstrom'
Subject: RE: Dodge Viper Truck TB

Hello Harold,
We have the new linkages on order so as long as we get those in a timely fashion these parts should be back on the shelf 1st quarter 2010. I’ll go ahead and note your email address and be sure to contact you with additional information. Thanks.

Sarah Zeal
National Sales Assistant
p:951.296.1771*206
f: 951.296.9024
www.bbkperformance.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:19 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Dodge Viper Truck TB

I have heard rumors that one would be produced and that there was just some linkage concerns to solve.

Is this any closer to production? I'd even be happy with a "test unit" :)

Thank you!!!

--Harold

Personally I think you guys are going to be wasting your money on this BBK when you can probably get the same performance from Fastman for allot less.

noid said:
Personally I think you guys are going to be wasting your money on this BBK when you can probably get the sameperformance from Fastman for allot less.
:rock: That's what I did.....very nice guy.

Quick

Passelat said:
Is it not the same TB on Ram and Viper?[/quote}

yep. but the trucks have cruise control linkage & the QC's have kick down linkage hook ups that has made this a every elusive part to get

lol

:rock: :rock: :rock:

noid said:
Personally I think you guys are going to be wasting your money on this BBK when you can probably get the same performance from Fastman for allot less.

Who is that???:dontknow:

the Fastman????

he takes stock TB & smooth the bore out, enlarge it , installs custom blades & there ya have it.

does great work, he is a Mopar guy, good folk

:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

there are some threads on couple of the guys that has used him. i got one of his on my 4.7 Dak

Last edited:
I haven't seen any dyno results for his - have I just missed them? :dontknow:

HaroldD said:
I haven't seen any dyno results for his - have I just missed them? :dontknow:

RickSpeed was supposed to do a before & after dyno to see. just checked his thread & nothing posted yet.:dontknow: :dontknow:

Just a straight swap. I would do two dyno runs with mine. Leave the truck on the dyno and switch out the TB. 15-20 minute for the swap. Then two runs with yours. No changing of settings or tinkering with your TB at all. Kinda like changing tires. Kinda !

Last edited:
noid said:
Just a straight swap. I would do two dyno runs with mine. Leave the truck on the dyno and switch out the TB. 15-20 minute for the swap. Then two runs with yours. No changing of settings or tinkering with your TB at all. Kinda like changing tires. Kinda !

Was this comparison ever done? Are aftermarket throttle bodies worth the coin?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back