The Sound... This is what I want... (Exhaust)

Your truck is never gonna sound like a V8 bro... Sorry. :dontknow: :(

It won't sound like a $1.6 Million dollar V-12 either. :dontknow:

But, it WILL sound like a Viper V-10! :D :rock:

I knew I was gonna get that... But I don't understand why... Can a V10 not get a DEEP rumble sound similar to that?

It all boils down to angles.
The best sound (to us, because we grew up with it) is 90°.
Unfortunately, the V10 fires at 90-54-90-54-90-54-etc., so it sounds like a delivery truck, until you get on it, then we sound like VIPERS!!:rock: :rock:

VA VIPERAM said:
It all boils down to angles.
The best sound (to us, because we grew up with it) is 90°.
Unfortunately, the V10 fires at 90-54-90-54-90-54-etc., so it sounds like a delivery truck, until you get on it, then we sound like VIPERS!!:rock: :rock:

angles huh.... interesting.

Sam- what you like is the sound of turbos spooling up and winding down. :D

Man, the Veryon is one serious piece of engineering....in an ass-ugly wrapper.
The MB exhaust in the last clip is pretty damn nice.

Kevan said:
Sam- what you like is the sound of turbos spooling up and winding down. :D
This is true too : ) Mmmm custom TT setup for my truck, that'd be hot.... Man this forum all to often makes me want to be rich to afford nothing but a LOT full of custom SRT-10s of all sorts

Azmal said:
Hey Azmal, Where are you in TN. I lived in Chattanooga for 9 years.
You ever run at Brainerd Optimist?

Thats cool, I go to Chattanooga sometimes to go to the Tandy/Leather Factory there. Then there's Chattacon (convention thing) which I went to last year.
Tullahoma TN is where I'm at, somewhere in coffee county I think, I'm about an hour and 10 min from chattanooga, nashville, and hunstville. But I'm still unfamiliar with the area so I have no idea what Brainerd Optimist is... Do tell though

Azmal said:
Thats cool, I go to Chattanooga sometimes to go to the Tandy/Leather Factory there. Then there's Chattacon (convention thing) which I went to last year.
Tullahoma TN is where I'm at, somewhere in coffee county I think, I'm about an hour and 10 min from chattanooga, nashville, and hunstville. But I'm still unfamiliar with the area so I have no idea what Brainerd Optimist is... Do tell though
Cool.
Brainerd Optimist is a 1/8 mile drag strip just south of Chattanooga. (I'll bet BONE knows where it is!:D ) (used to be 1/4 mile before an unfortunate accident with a racer and his cousin).:(
Unfortunately, I didn't have my SRT when I lived there.

I live in Nashville. If your ever coming this way shoot me a pm and we'll hook up.

Cool, I've only been to Nashville passing through or going to/from the airport... what all is up that way? Are there many other SRT owners around? Might could set up a G2G or something.

Thats not a 1.6 Mil V-12

Its a 1.6 Mil W-16 with 4 Turbos... Veyron 16.4

Viper Truck V10 on the dyno turns heads

Think mine sounds great when wound up, no V8 can match it. Guys said it stands out on the track, and its stock with a cutout. I have some track vids there if you search, sounds great screeming. Here it is on the dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xx8X0CbnFA

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Its a 1.6 Mil W-16 with 4 Turbos... Veyron 16.4
Is it sad that a cutaway pic of that engine is the screensaver on my Mac?
:)

Droptail- Have you ever thought of getting a quicker actuator and using your tailgate as an airbrake during racing?
I'm certainly no aero-guy, but I'm guessing it might actually work.

Last edited:
mmmmtorque has a sound similar to the V8 with the lopy cam. His doesn't sound as deep but there is a definite lope to it. Does sound good.

Azmal said:

VA is correct on this.

It's a 90 degree block with 10 cylinders so it does not fire evenly. Two ways they could have corrected this. Make the block a 72 degree V, or offset the rod journals so every rod had it's own journal. The first is kind of funny looking. Anyone remember the 60 degree V6 that Ford had, or the 120 degree that VW had? The second option is very expensive. So they went with a conventional look and cheap to manufacture crank.

Personally I would have gone with the 72 degree block, but if I remember right this engine started out by just adding 2 cylinders to the 360 block so that was not an option.

Last edited:
Damn, just thought of an example that we have all heard.

Harley's. it's a 45 degree V-Twin with the rods on a common journal. That is what gives it it's unique sound.

Does that help make sense of this now?

I actually really like the tone of my truck at idle. It does not have the lopey cam sound but its deep and exotic sounding to me. Nothing else sounds like it, cept maybe a badass viper......which how many of those are around....very few!! I get complements on the tone quite often. Magnaflow baby!!!

When at the dealer and the tech drives it away.......I have always thought "damn my truck sounds cool from behind"!!!!! Its the only time I have heard my truck drive as nobody has driven it cept me and the dealer techs.

patrick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back