The SRT-10 kicked the bucket yesterday

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was headed home yesterday and i get about 15 miles from my house and i notice that my acceleration is really slow...i got next to another car (where i could hear the echo of my engine and i heard sounds that appears to be knocking. then i look at my oil pressure and it says 0 psi... so i pull over and wait few minutes. checked my oil. it was fine. i start it back up and my oil pressure was normal again. but it was still knocking. so i decided to drive to the deralership at about 6pm (only a couple miles away). i pulled in and my odometer read 35970 and oil pressure was at 0 psi again. talk about timing. well, there goes that engine!

That really sux !!!I'm counting my blessings,I've got almost 54Kon mine without a problem !!!Knock on wood !!:rock: :rock:

At least you are still under warranty, I think.

Gaboon said:
At least you are still under warranty, I think.

Yea, not sure what is all covered with the limited 1/12, other than the clutch. And of coruse I am sure he will be in for a CAT fight, and not the good kind. :D

that sucks glad to see your under warr. better tow it home and put the cats back on tho! they might cry foul on that one, jsut my .02

6pakattack said:
That really sux !!!I'm counting my blessings,I've got almost 54Kon mine without a problem !!!Knock on wood !!:rock: :rock:
How funny.. That was a pun right 6pack? Because it's something I would have said...

Josh, did you remove the power bottle?:dontknow: If you know what I mean.. Don't ever let the dealership see that set up. Oh and I hope you didn't go to Spring Dodge. Mack Haik Dodge off I-45 between the Beltway and West Rd. will take WAAAAAY better care of you. See Dave Gardener there.

Last edited:
too late. cats stayed off. had to take it then and there. if they say something...and void it. oh well....it will just sit in my garage waiting for me to peice together a 577ci stroker kit and a ROE:rock: blower. now that i think about it...i really wouldnt be that mad it they voided it...now tell me a better situation for "looking on the bright side"

SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME, HOWEVER NO KNOCK WITH THE ENGINE. MY OIL PRESSURE WOULD DROP TO 0-PSI. THEY SAID MY ENGINE WAS EATTING UP THE OIL AND TO GO WITH A THICKER WEIGHT. ALSO SAID THE OIL SENSOR WAS BAD AND REPLACED IT. NO PROBLEMS SINCE. GOOD LUCK.

AWDisuzu said:
engines don't eat up oil unless they are broken..........
and running for 2 seconds under load with no oil pressure aint good!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back