THE SRT CE vs 1500SS & 04 Cobra

Halligan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I met up with my buddy this afternoon who has a 04 Cobra and another buddy of mine that has a 05 1500-SS chevy truck. The guy with the SS has been talking smack all summer - "Hey, Kyle, when am I going to beat you and your SRT's a$$?" - My response was always, "How many car lengths do you want? And do you mind if I put my friends Horse in my passenger seat?" :D

Anway...down to the nitty gritty.

I raced the cobra once, and beat him by about 2 car lengths. I wasnt sure how this happened...maybe he can't drive??? :dontknow:

But I got the SS all three times. I did have an issue with my e-brake on one of the runs, and had to pull off early. We went from a dig twice and a roll the second time. On the roll I got him by at least 5 car lengths. It felt good for him to say at the very end, "Uhhh yeahhhh uhh I've just got too much power that I can't get any traction from a dig." HAHAHA.

It was a double kill for me today!!! :rock:

Oh and I believe the Cobra just had flowmasters. Everything else stock. The SS had exhaust, intake, a chip, and a shift kit.

Last edited:
the ss is awd so he cant complain about traction, and the cobra by all means should have beat you. the 03-04's are supercharged and run high 12's stock. nice kill tho. next time tell the stang to learn how to drive :D and tell the chevy to do a burnout to prove that he spins, guarenteed he cant and then you get to rub that in also. Nice kills :rock:

nice kill man... it's just a good feeling when you shut someone up that has been
talking smack for a while :rock:

Sharpi

Stanimal said:
the ss is awd so he cant complain about traction, and the cobra by all means should have beat you. the 03-04's are supercharged and run high 12's stock. nice kill tho. next time tell the stang to learn how to drive :D and tell the chevy to do a burnout to prove that he spins, guarenteed he cant and then you get to rub that in also. Nice kills :rock:

I had no idea he was awd, what a puss. I def need to give him hell now!

Marc T said:
Cobra Envy!!:rock:

Thanks.

His cobra is one beautiful car. It's the black anniversary edition, and it has about 3,000 miles on it! Sits in his garage, and I think if he waxes it one more time he'll start to burn holes in the paint! lol.

I'd still take my RC any day, even though the cobra has that solid supercharged HP. Can't get enough of the srt - love that thing.

Hnrthefallen said:
Thanks.

His cobra is one beautiful car. It's the black anniversary edition, and it has about 3,000 miles on it! Sits in his garage, and I think if he waxes it one more time he'll start to burn holes in the paint! lol.

I'd still take my RC any day, even though the cobra has that solid supercharged HP. Can't get enough of the srt - love that thing.

Actually that was directed at Flyinglow who was being sarcastic. He has a couple of Cobras under his belt!!

I wouldn't trade my truck for a Cobra either, but I wouldn't mind both!!:D

Good Job on the kill, just be carefull!!

Can I call BS if the guy swares his truck is RWD??? :bs:

Yea, I know the cobra was a fluke. I still love those cars, and wouldnt mind owning one some day. There's just something about the mopar that keeps me coming back!

from what I understand SS trucks first year were AWD second year you could order either way then the next year was RWD only and I think it started in 2003 so if right it is RWD

i think speednut is right on the rwd for 05 and it didn't get all the good comforts on the inside

sstdusty said:
i think speednut is right on the rwd for 05 and it didn't get all the good comforts on the inside

Gotcha. Thanks guys for the kudos.

No traction.......Has he tried to launch a srt

Hnrthefallen said:
Well, I met up with my buddy this afternoon who has a 04 Cobra and another buddy of mine that has a 05 1500-SS chevy truck. The guy with the SS has been talking smack all summer - "Hey, Kyle, when am I going to beat you and your SRT's a$$?" - My response was always, "How many car lengths do you want? And do you mind if I put my friends Horse in my passenger seat?" :D

Anway...down to the nitty gritty.

I raced the cobra once, and beat him by about 2 car lengths. I wasnt sure how this happened...maybe he can't drive??? :dontknow:

But I got the SS all three times. I did have an issue with my e-brake on one of the runs, and had to pull off early. We went from a dig twice and a roll the second time. On the roll I got him by at least 5 car lengths. It felt good for him to say at the very end, "Uhhh yeahhhh uhh I've just got too much power that I can't get any traction from a dig." HAHAHA.

It was a double kill for me today!!! :rock:

Oh and I believe the Cobra just had flowmasters. Everything else stock. The SS had exhaust, intake, a chip, and a shift kit.

I hope this was done on a closed street, in no-wheres-ville, or at a track. RIGHT!!! Good kill other wise, just be careful out there guys. I don't mean to preach but its just not worth endangering ur self and others on the road. All it takes is one mistake and its game over. I would hate to hear about something bad happening to a member here because of smack talking and pride. To each their own, be safe!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back