There has to be an interesting story behind this SRT-10

Overclocker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this in the back of the Viper pit at the Nats this year. Looks very nice for a home-built hotrod.

0809081445.jpg

0809081446.jpg

0809081446a.jpg

0809081445c.jpg

I have seen that also, that truck is there every year.

Bill.

Excellent work...looked like a factory job....only problem i had with it was it should not be wearing the coveted "SRT-10" emblems....more to an SRT-10 Ram than a viper engine............but still a clean lookin custom..

Begood said:
I have seen that also, that truck is there every year.

Bill.

Hmmm. I don't know how I missed it. I must have thought it was "just another nice Ram" in previous years and simply passed it by. Whoever owns it did a very nice job.

I just thought it was interesting that he used a '97ish Ram and an older generation Viper engine with an automatic in a regular cab. Perhaps he had his own SRT-10 idea and build it before 2004. :dontknow: I thought it was a very cool DIY project.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
another thing is the srt10 is not on a 1500 frame ..

I thought it was for the 04/05. I think the stickers for the 04 show a 1500 with an SRT-10 package.

It still a clone, and it no different then taking a Satalite and putting stripe on it, and try and pass it off as a Super Bee.

If I am not mistaken, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt this actually a detroit test mule for the SRT 10?

I remember a story of a guy that had bought it off a engineer that had the truck during development, then the program was trashed, and then picked up again?

something of that nature anyway:dontknow:

We need to get Paul Harvey on this. ( the Rest of the story)

It that's the case, he could have a real collector item on his hands.

iraqivet01 said:
We need to get Paul Harvey on this. ( the Rest of the story)

It that's the case, he could have a real collector item on his hands.

yeah, hopefully someone will chime in on this, I could be in left field:D

but for some reason the memory is there, but then again , so are sheep:marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back