Thinking about a move to Maryland?

CarDude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the car scene like? Am I crazy? It would be a career move...

Where in MD?

I take it there are good job opportunities for the wife there too.

Sorry can't help you with Maryland. Never been there.

EMT/SRT said:
too damn cold! What happened to Florida?
That is what I am saying... Find you a job working with old people and you will be set down here!:p

I wish I could move to Florida (in a more populated area) and use my gov't clearance. Hurlfield Field and Key West are the only opportunities I have seen in my line of work. Frustrating I know.

CarDude said:
Fort Meade, MD area...
I have no idea where that is, but I'll meet at Cecil County Dragway!!:rock: :burnout: :rock:

Hamrhead said:
I have no idea where that is, but I'll meet at Cecil County Dragway!!:rock: :burnout: :rock:

Looks to be just southwest of Baltimore, MD

CarDude said:
Looks to be just southwest of Baltimore, MD
:D :D :D

It's about 85 miles from me!!!

Per Mapquest:
There are .90 miles between your starting location and the beginning of your driving directions. Use maps to get from your starting location to the beginning of your route.
1: Start out going SOUTH on ROCKENBACH RD toward CLARK RD (Gate access required). 0.2 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto CLARK RD. 0.5 miles Map

3: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto MACARTHUR RD. 0.2 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto ERNIE PYLE ST. 0.4 miles Map

5: ERNIE PYLE ST becomes 27TH ST. 0.2 miles Map

6: Turn LEFT onto CLARK RD. <0.1 miles Map

7: Turn RIGHT onto ROCKENBACH RD. 0.6 miles Map

8: Turn LEFT onto MD-175 W / ANNAPOLIS RD. 0.9 miles Map

9: Merge onto MD-295 N toward BALTIMORE / BWI AIRPORT. 8.8 miles Map

10: Merge onto I-895 N / HARBOR TUNNEL TRWY (Portions toll). 10.4 miles Map

11: I-895 N / HARBOR TUNNEL TRWY becomes I-95 N (Portions toll). 38.5 miles Map

12: Take the MD-272 N exit- EXIT 100- toward MD-274 / RISING SUN / CECIL COMM COLL CULTURAL CENTER / PLUMPTON PARK ZOO. 0.4 miles Map

13: Turn LEFT onto MD-272 / NORTH EAST RD. 0.7 miles Map

14: Turn LEFT onto JOSEPH BIGGS MEMORIAL HWY / MD-274. 0.4 miles Map

15: Turn LEFT onto THEODORE RD. 1.6 miles Map

16: End at Cecil County Dragway:
1573 Theodore Rd, North East, MD 21901, US Map

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 17 minutes Total Est. Distance: 64.50 miles :rock:

Last edited:
I live in Annapolis, just around the corner from Fort Mead. Great place to live, on the water (sailing, fishing, crabbing, cruising), good night life, good food, people are very friendly, not over populated etc.

The car scene is actually pretty good. From April to October there is a cruise in just about every night of the week around this area. There is a huge car show in Ocean City in the spring (I think). Others have mentioned the tracks, I have not been, but have heard good things.

Soot me a Pm if you want more info.

Lived in North Jersey, and Long Island, NYC for my entire life. My sister-in-law is in alexandria, VA...My wifes side is from Boston. I have very good friends in VA. I am familiar with every city in the NE, Pittsburgh, Boston, NYC, DC. Honestly...I will never move back...AZ is just the best...I also have all grandparents in Florida. AZ is like Florida except its about 10x better...probably doesn't help....my .02:D

Just hop in the copperhead and go for cruise!

Thanks for the info everyone...I am still in the "considering phase". So this really helps. Colorado is sooo dead in auto enthusiast arena (probably due to weather). I am not saying it doesn't exist, it is just very slow. It is a good thing I am in the Viper club, cuz that is the only group I am doing anything with. Very few SRT10 trucks (which I find amazing) here.

CarDude said:
Thanks for the info everyone...I am still in the "considering phase". So this really helps. Colorado is sooo dead in auto enthusiast arena (probably due to weather). I am not saying it doesn't exist, it is just very slow. It is a good thing I am in the Viper club, cuz that is the only group I am doing anything with. Very few SRT10 trucks (which I find amazing) here.

Colorado has a ton of Vipers, and a great club from what I hear...driving season is just to short.
I don't like driving my Viper in the winter ot here in AZ, it's like 65* out.:D

BurntRubber said:
Colorado has a ton of Vipers, and a great club from what I hear...driving season is just to short.
I don't like driving my Viper in the winter ot here in AZ, it's like 65* out.:D
And what is the Temp in the Summer?

And what is the Temp in the Summer, INSIDE the car? Even with that BIG radiator, you'll see.:eek:

Hamrhead said:
And what is the Temp in the Summer?

And what is the Temp in the Summer, INSIDE the car? Even with that BIG radiator, you'll see.:eek:

Summer isn't that bad, only 115*...and your balls melt to any leather seat:D
Coming from North Jersey, NYC, Long Island to AZ, it is not as bad once you get used to it. That being said, I am sure there will be limited Viper driving in July & August. :(

I've been in NOVA for almost four years now living in the Alexandria area. I'm here for the same reason you're thinking of coming here.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back