Thinking of cleaning my engine.

arnie_82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to clean my engine but I am afraid of shorting out a coil or something. How do you guys clean your engine compartment?

I spray the whole thing with simple green(straight not diluted) then let is sit for about 15 min. then hit it with the water hose. I then blow it all off thoroughly with an air hose. Never had a problem. I have 67k miles now and i have done this prolly 10-15 times...
DSC01849.jpg

I spray the whole thing with simple green(straight not diluted) then let is sit for about 15 min. then hit it with the water hose. I then blow it all off thoroughly with an air hose. Never had a problem. I have 67k miles now and i have done this prolly 10-15 times...
DSC01849.jpg

How much pressure do you use with the hose. Is there anywhere I should not spray with too much pressure or should I cover anything up.

I will put a bag around my air filter(only needed if u have a CAI) and I use the high pressure stream setting on the nozzle. I don't spray directly at any plugs, but other than that it's fair game imho. I blow everything off BEFORE I turn the ignition key on. And I usually just let the truck sit for several hours with the hood up afterwards just to let the rest air dry. Most these plugs have water-tight connectors anyways though.

The hood liners always end up sagging. Alot of people get more of those push pins, and drill small holes in the bottom of the hood bracing to keep it tidy. But if its ever sagging it will never look right. Mine was too far gone to slap the bandaid on it, so i just pulled it. Pulled the one off my last truck and drove it 60k miles without it with no paint issues on the hood.

Why do they even have that felt crap? I always thought it looked ugly but wasnt sure if what was behind it might be worse.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back