Thinking of removing cats

from what i understand with cali law you cant remove them if you want it to pass inspection they do a sniff test no cats it will fail. if i am correct.

I was planing on having a pipe made that I can just swap when ever I need to do a smog check.

If you decide to go head and remove all 4 cats, then you will need to leave the rear two O2 sensors in place and just unscrew the front O2 sensors (don't disconnect) and wrap them up somewhere out of the way. Yes you will need a tune for the CEL. Best way to do it is to get a SCT through Torrie (Unleashed) and he will do the programming you need.

I put the catless mid pipe in, hooked up all the sensors back up, even ran it through emissions and passed.

I live in maryland tho. never has thrown a code.

I put the catless mid pipe in, hooked up all the sensors back up, even ran it through emissions and passed.

I live in maryland tho. never has thrown a code.

Are the catless mids custom made.

Last edited:
i bought jmb mids and o2 sims came with the kit i never got any codes, i just got a tuner and had torrie delete them but with the o2 sims i never got any codes in the 5 months i ran it that way. you may want to contact justin for mids but i heard in cali they will rape your ass if you get caught not running cats so you need to figure out if it is worth it for a few extra hp.

and dont forget the sounds!!!! night and fucking day! turns that v10 into a madman!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back