This is one of the most insane things I've ever seen...

I just watched the 'Dukes Of Hazzard' movie today and their was a part that they drifted around a circle. Guess that was it?:dontknow: :rock: :rock:

Hamrhead said:
I just watched the 'Dukes Of Hazzard' movie today and their was a part that they drifted around a circle. Guess that was it?:dontknow: :rock: :rock:
That's what I was wondering, but it's been a LONG time since I saw the movie - was way back when it was in the theater.

I figured it must have been a staged thing, but I began to doubt myself when I realized the video shooter was seemingly an amateur (you could hear the zoom button) and the car looked really old compared to the reborn General Lee Cooter made for the boys in the movie.

I still think it had to have been staged tho - nobody was laying on the horn, and they were being really weird about staying in the inner circle lane. Anybody who uses a circle on a regular basis knows that NEVER happens.

Last edited:
WAY staged.
More than likely it was a test run for the stunt team (all the inner circle cars are stunt drivers too).
I'll bet it's from the recent Dukes movie.

On a side note, all this 'drifting' crap makes me laugh. Heartily.
I learned to drive in a place that got over 30' of snow a year. To me it's not drifting; it's how I got to school.

That was from the new Dukes movie. I remember seeing that clip back when they were still filming the movie. You can also hear someone saying 'cut' at the end of the clip.

LOL.... Somehow I picture Chevy Chase..

"I just can't get left."

"OH, look kids, Big Ben.. Parliment."

Can we not talk about roundabouts? They're about to put one in on the main strip of road in front of our neighborhood. I didn't think they could f-up that intersection any worse than it already was.
I was wrong.

When I got the flyer about the new intersection plans, I honestly thought it was a joke or some type of prank. It's a reality. One that's so real, we're considering moving. The good news is that at least during the construction part, traffic will only be jacked up 8 hours a day.

http://www.fceo.co.franklin.oh.us/2006 Construction Projects/roundabout2006.htm

I think my favorite part is they're going to 'reduce congestion' at the intersection.....but NOT increase the number of lanes in and out of the intersection, in any direction. That means travelling West to East on the main road, you'll go from 4 lanes, down to 2 lanes (for about 2000'), then to the roundabout which is shown having 4 lanes, then back to 2 lanes on the far side. It does that in all directions of travel. Who's the 4th grader who plans these things? (Apologies to all 4th graders)

Sorry....vent closed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back