This truck a fake....?

I don't have my truck nearby to look at the sticker, but it looks real to me.

Check the vin on the door and compare it to the vin on the on the title or windshield area....The door may have been replaced for some reason

Forgetting the tire size wasnt the first production SRT10 made in Jan/Feb 2004?...that sticker says 11-03..:dontknow: .....truck looks legit though...maybe the wrong door sticker.........just get the last 9 digits of the SN and run it thru the Dodge web site owner's section..

Aren't these things frankensteins anyway? I would not be surprised if the wrong sticker was mistakenly used on some of the first trucks....

I did the lookup this is a direct copy/paste

VIN Number:
3D3HA16H1 4G154342 Vehicle Description:
DODGE RAM 1500 REG. CAB PICKUP Model Year:

here's what my 05 truck shows
VIN Number:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX Vehicle Description:
DODGE RAM SRT-10 1500 QUAD CAB PICKUP Model Year:

here's what my 06 truck shows
VIN Number:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx Vehicle Description:
DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB PICKUP Model Year:

strange my 05 says srt-10 but my 06 doesn't... and either does your 04.... you'll need to find another way to validate.... but it looks very real to me

Last edited:
Just checked to be sure eighth digit being a "H" does denote V-10,
damn it feels good to be right !!!!!

The reason the sticker says 17 inch wheels is because in 04 the "viper package" of the "SRT10" was an option.

they were listed , even with insurance companies as a reg dodge ram, but with a SRT package.

the 05-06 were designated specifically SRT 10's

Stinker said:
The reason the sticker says 17 inch wheels is because in 04 the "viper package" of the "SRT10" was an option.

they were listed , even with insurance companies as a reg dodge ram, but with a SRT package.

the 05-06 were designated specifically SRT 10's
I'm 95% sure mine says 22 inch tires. I'm going to check it tomorrow.

I'll take that 5%:D

Attachments

• 100_0232.jpg
    100_0232.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0233.jpg
    100_0233.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_0234.jpg
    100_0234.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 52
Stinker is correct. The 04's had SRT 10 listed as an option package on top of a regular truck, the 05's started as SRT-10 Rams with the options being stereo upgrades, sunroof, etc. Made my insurance more expensive.

Joe

Most all of the early 2004's have a sticker that says 17". Mine has one, but Dodge sent out a small sticker to put over that one with the correct tire size on it. For some reason this truck did not get the correction sticker.

Bill.

Yup Stink is right.. My insurance company insured my SRT as a regular 1500 when I first got it and it's been that way ever since, placing it less to insure than my previous 98 4x4 Dodge. I was puzzled but didn't and won't argue.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back