those stock oil lines

Outlawl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I open my hood and look straight in between the passenger head light and the radiator, I see two lines (oil lines ?) that are slowly leaking oil. Are these the oil lines that everyone says leaks ? ( I know should be obvious). I am already taking my car to the dealer monday for a a ground effects issue , I am wondering if I should have them relace the oil lines or whether I should order some different brand ( ie stinkers).

STINKERS:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Go with Stinkers oil lines

I told them in advance that I might go with an aftermarket brand. I am not the most mechanically inclined person, you think I could R and R those lines? I can manage the oil change....

Outlawl said:
I told them in advance that I might go with an aftermarket brand. I am not the most mechanically inclined person, you think I could R and R those lines? I can manage the oil change....
where are you located with this group of friends (some are even lovers but thats neither here nor there !!!) im sure some one close would be more than willing to help

hehe , IDK about that I am pretty far off the network here in Humboldt County. 300 miles or so to nearest Big City.

I am pretty sure I can manage, I have a friend who has "volunteered" to do my brakes( all four rotors and pads ), I imagine I can get both done in the same day.

My main concern is ordering east coast parts as it takes like an extra week out here for stuff like that. I am also worried about damage over such a long journey.

Why aren't there any good west coast distributors for parts ?

There are some. But if you don't buy Stinkers Products, he threatens to move in next door and ruin your property values. Let me tell you, that is a really scary threat!

The bottom line is that Stinker designed and produced the braided lines for us. No one else has anything comparable for twice the price.

I have a set of Stinker's oil lines on my truck :rock: have no problems, fit perfect.:rock:

Cowboy-Up said:
I have a set of Stinker's oil lines on my truck :rock: have no problems, fit perfect.:rock:

wish i could say that:( :( :( LMAO :rock: :rock: :rock:

mine were replaced once by the dealer and they are starting to leak slowly again :mad:

Stinker said:
and they usually get there in three days, i have one set in stock

ok then can you pm me your number and I will call you first thing monday with info. I need the new oil cooler lines.

Outlawl said:
ok then can you pm me your number and I will call you first thing monday with info. I need the new oil cooler lines.

contrary to the site, the new pricing on the lines is $180 shipped

I am thinking of letting the dealershp do it for me with an oil change. I know expensive but I think they need the work , the place was empty ( very little inventory) it was surreal.

The new Challenger has the same pedals as my 10 , and a lot less room IMO.

They haven't quoted me labor although they are charging me just to look at the tranny.

Someone metnioned an O ring involved in the swap as well. Isn't that something I should get replaced at the same time ?

Outlawl said:
I am thinking of letting the dealershp do it for me with an oil change. I know expensive but I think they need the work , the place was empty ( very little inventory) it was surreal.

The new Challenger has the same pedals as my 10 , and a lot less room IMO.

They haven't quoted me labor although they are charging me just to look at the tranny.

Someone metnioned an O ring involved in the swap as well. Isn't that something I should get replaced at the same time ?
You sir, are a good man.:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back