thoughts on my 1/4mile times

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well tonight was the first race for me this year. Last avg. last year was 14.5-14.7, last year my best run was at 14.1@98mph. I had K&N intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, JTSVP Coils/Wires. This time i have a 91 octane performance tune from torrie added and ran a 14.3@98 pretty much every run except two...those were both [email protected] 60' is between 2.2 and 2.3. I launched at 3000rpm with some tire spin so i dropped my tire presure to 22psi and still had abit of spin so i dropped my rpms down abit and thats the best i could bang out.

Also i got to meet HuckSRT, very nice truck, unfortunely he had a bad night, ill let him share if he cares to. I'll upload some vids in abit.

hey 709 , your truck looks awesome considering you drove it this past winter!! lol was great meeting and talking with you! i was alittle stressed to talk clearly !! don't be to hard on your truck ! you still have the cats. delete the cats and you will be in the high to mid 13s ! which is right where it should be here in edmonton with your mods and street tires! I will let you try some real tires next time but they are alittle hard on parts!!!

I think you need to contact Torrie and let him redo your tune...you should had seen mid 13s with Torrie's tune....not uncommon for a tune not to take the first time....

Yea, im arguing with my gf right now about the cats. I was going to spend some money on June 15th on a exhaust for my bike but now im debating if i want a catless mid...which would be cheaper. I'm overall happy with how the truck ran tonight...i got a constant 14.3-14.2...so im happy. I kept racing my buddy in the yellow cobalt that was there and it was a good battle.

Anyways heres a picture for you ....

IMG_1643.jpg

you know what song came to mind when i see that....Walk Away My Love - The Nadas (The Pinks song)...lol. I hope you get her fixed soon. I probably wont be running the nitrous until after June 15th...lol. But yea im going to get torrie to adjust my tune abit...maybe add abit more timing and/or lean it out. For those that dont know, torrie set my tune to 12.5, but the wideband was showing 11.8 tonight.

Damn !!! i saw your G/F take that picture !!! sure is a pretty truck !!! alittle lovin' and she will be back!!

if u want i can take the picture down. But yea, it was a sad site. Pissed me off hearing a couple guys saying "ha! dodge sucks!" when it happend.

Hey I got a extra set of catlrs mids what Jeff give me . You just need to weld them in . And Norbert , that's a seed picture . I can only say I was Lucky .

damn, i was hoping our quad cabs would have way better times than that! no wonder Troy is selling his......dude, i'm just really disappointed and thought they'd be quicker. not trying to rain on your thread, just my thoughts, bro.

damn, i was hoping our quad cabs would have way better times than that! no wonder Troy is selling his......dude, i'm just really disappointed and thought they'd be quicker. not trying to rain on your thread, just my thoughts, bro.

They are much quicker than that. I think being in canada, screws up the times. Altitude and shit. Plus. his 60 foot times are horrible. He gets those down to 2.0, which he can do with practice. And he's easily 13.8's, as it sits right now. Slap on some catless mids and have Torrie re-rune it and he's easily 13.6.

Well we are way up higher then most of you guys . Try looking up difference in sea level . We ueasualy lusing about 0.5 to o.7 on 1/4 . And that's a lots . And our dyno are always lower 2 at list 30-35 whp then somewhere at sea level .

Yea i emailed torrie last night, im going to send him abit more info (afr, sea level) all that stuff and get him to adjust my tune. How much you willing to let those catless mids go for? and why do they have to be welded in? they wont bolt up to stock exhaust manifold and magnaflow exhaust?

Anyways heres a video of me and my buddy, since i had the same car back in the day we kept going against each other, he beat me 3 out of 5 times...but just by a hair..lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDcSGw6wGxw&feature=related]YouTube - ‪SRT-10 RAM VS COBALT SS/SC‬‏[/ame]

Drop your tire pressure down to 15-16 psi....that should be safe since you're on a 1/4. i did 14 psi in the 1/8th and at the end it was getting a little squirrelly but it was ok. and Steve is right Hank....he's up in Canada so he's going to run higher numbers

ah, you wanna pm anymore details about them,,, ie brand, condition of them...how much...im defently interested.

I'll probably do that when i spray the nitrous troy, right now im staging at 2500-2700rpm and she is gripping and thats with them at 22psi. But ill probably start thinking of DR's after i see how the nitrous is.

Heres the video of me beating the sti, must have been a new driver....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu5K8bTTQUk]YouTube - ‪SRT-10 RAM vs. Sti‬‏[/ame]

Drop your tire pressure down to 15-16 psi....that should be safe since you're on a 1/4. i did 14 psi in the 1/8th and at the end it was getting a little squirrelly but it was ok. and Steve is right Hank....he's up in Canada so he's going to run higher numbers

true and my 10 is pretty slow and stock......:dontknow:

How often do you guys go to the track i'm 45minutes away and would sure like to watch some of the 10's run.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back